Chapter 34: Knowledge

Start from the beginning

I may be a genius, but I am in no way artistically creative, whether it be in art or story form. So, I'll have to use the power I have to let other people do the work for me!

This has always been for the purpose of relieving my boredom!

!!

Suddenly, I felt a familiar presence, and I quickly disappeared into the shadows!

Luckily, my magic had advanced, and I've been able to do more advanced types of shadow magic now! One of which is being able to enter my own shadow! It's great for dodging attacks, but I also find it useful for moving around quickly! Using the ability to control my own shadow, I can move freely!

The only drawback is that I can't use offensive magic or even physical attacks in this state. However, it's great for running away and also covert missions!

There was no way I would come here out in the open otherwise. If not for this ability, my identity would truly be at risk. And, since I'm constantly sensing the presences of those around me, I'm able to continuously train each day!

"It seems someone has left the room? As elusive as always, I see?"

Standing by the doorway, a beautiful man with long jade-green hair smiled. I really can't tell what he's thinking as always. But, holy shit, why do capture targets have to be this sparkly.

If it wasn't already apparent, the person I hid from was Luc, one of the capture targets. He's been appearing a lot lately, so I've been on extra high alert. It's not time to reveal my identity to him. And, with his resources, he can easily figure who I am if he saw a child with Riven. I can't underestimate him.

Luc turned to the brown-haired man and kept his business-like smile on his face.

"Could you please excuse us? I have some business with sir Sigil."

The latter looked confused and unsure of what to do, but Riven then waved at him to essentially go away, though less rude than I made it sound.

After the man left, Luc took a step forward, raising his hands. He pushed the hood down from Riven's head, revealing his handsome face and red vermillion hair. Luc continued with his usual smile and I feel like I could see Riven's brows slightly knit in annoyance. Wow, I didn't know that was possible for him.

"I see you're still playing the part of Sigil's body double."

"You already knew, even without pulling down my hood."

I feel like there's some tension in the air, though this is how their interactions are normally like.

Due to me forming a business partnership with "Lu," Riven and him have come into contact with each other a lot of times now. And, considering both their personalities, I'm not very surprised there may be some conflicts that arise. Luc's facade as the elegant and noble arch mage completely crumbled in our first meeting, so he doesn't even try to hide his personality anymore.

Even if Riven is an SSS-tier attendant, there really is only so much someone can take, before they start getting annoyed.

"Hahah, don't be so hostile. I thought we were friends by now, my dear Riven. Not to mention, I am also an investor in your project here. I heard that it was finally completed?"

Riven didn't seem amused, and he remained with an annoyed face.

Hahh... and he can usually hide his true expressions so well... Luc, how did you break him...

"You got the news fast."

You can say that again! Did he get the news sooner than me?! The actual owner of the company?! HOW DID YOU GET HERE SO FAST?! WHO'S THE RAT!