xx. Promise

약속

약속

LUNA GLANCED AT the boy in the backseat, bouncing his knee as he looked out the window with an almost worried face. There seemed to be something on his mind, and Luna could tell it was bothering him.

"Taehyung?" she spoke up, barely catching the boy's attention as he continued staring out the window, watching the trees of his neighborhood pass by. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear. "I just have a really weird feeling in my stomach. And in my head, it's like... deja vu."

Seokjin's head swiftly turned to glance at Luna, giving her a knowing glare as she swallowed. She knew he was thinking that the same thing was going to happen again. That she was going to get hurt, but they had planned everything out to avoid it this time. Having seen it before, they knew exactly how Taehyung was supposed to murder his father.

The hearts of the two began to race as they reached the front of Taehyung's apartment complex. The boy climbed out, peeking his head through the window.

"Thanks for the ride, Seokjin. See you later, Luna," Taehyung said through the window, just as before, but he wasn't smiling this time. He seemed fatigued, his dark eyes dull with his hood hanging over his head.

He turned around to start heading to the building, but froze when all of a sudden, the sound of a thud came from inside the apartment. There was faint yelling, and all three of them could tell where it was from.

The two in the car heard Taehyung curse lowly before he began to sprint toward the building.

"Let's go," Seokjin said to Luna before the two hastily exited the car, running after him.

They waited behind the wall as Taehyung ran up the stairs, careful so they wouldn't be seen. They knew if Taehyung didn't notice them follow him, then he wouldn't throw the barrels down the stairs like the time before. This way, they could get to Taehyung before he could hurt his father.

After a second, the two ran up the stairs, seeing Taehyung open his apartment door. They followed him inside, watching as he grabbed onto the familiar green bottle that ran chills up Luna's spine.

Before Taehyung could reach his drunk-dazed father, Seokjin lunged at the boy, wrapping his arms around his body to hold him back. Swiftly, Luna stood in between the two, watching Taehyung in horror as his eyes were not those of a human, but a furious creature trying to attack its prey. There was sweat dripping down his forehead, his glossy eyes seeing through the girl.

"Move!" Taehyung cried out, letting a single frustrated tear fall down his cheek. He tried to wriggle out of Seokjin's grasp but failed due to the older boy's immense size compared to him. He was completely engulfed in Seokjin's arms, with no hope of getting out of them.