Chapter 13

It wasn't often that the fearless leader got more than an hour of quiet time to himself to meditate in peace. And since it was Friday night, he was really hoping that he could have some time to himself, to relax and meditate without the stress of his brothers bothering him.

He sat cross legged on the raised platform in the lair and closed his ocean coloured orbs, breathing deeply and feeling the stress start to melt off his shoulders. The candles he had lit made the air around him smell warm and comforting, and he quickly found himself slipping deep into a meditative trance.

Until his phone rang, destroying the silence and his focus.

Leonardo groaned as he peeked an eye open to check his phone that he had sat beside him. He frowned and opened both eyes when he saw Raphs contact show up on the screen. He picked up his phone and pressed talk, completely unprepared for the phone call to come.

"Hell-..."

"LEO!" Jasmine yelled into the phone. Leo shot up and paced around the platform with a concerned frown taking over his features.

"Jasmine? Why do you have Raph's phone? Is everything okay?"

"NO! Everything is NOT OKAY!"

"Jasmine, I need you to calm down and tell me what happened," he said, trying to calm the frantic girl down as he ran towards Donnie's lab and put his phone on speaker.

"Okay, okay. Raphs hurt, he's unconscious on a rooftop. I need your help," she said with a shaky voice. Leo burst into Donnie's lab, not even bothering to knock. Donnie let out a shout of protest until he saw the look on Leo's face.

"Where are you?" Leo asked. Donnie ran to his computer, snatching Leo's phone from him and plugging it in.

"I-I don't know. We were on our way to the lair. Raph realized we were being followed and he took a different route. I don't know where we are." She replied quickly. Donnie's fingers were rapidly tapping away at his keyboard, trying to trace Raphs phone signal.

"Gotcha. They're on a roof near 12th and Washington," he said. Leo nodded and ran out of the lab, Donnie hot on his heels.

"Leo, please hurry," Jasmine whimpered into the line.

"Just stay on the line, okay? We'll be there soon," he replied. "Mikey! We're moving out, let's go!" He yelled as he sheathed his katanas and ran out of the entrance.

<<{}>>

Jasmine gripped the knife tighter as she cradled Raph's head in her lap. She was still on the line with Leo; could hear the pounding of their feet running across the rooftops.

Raphs breathing was still fairly ragged, but his condition hadn't worsened since he passed out.

"A small victory," Jasmine thought to herself. A loud thud behind her made her jump and spin her head around, brandishing the knife. Leo held his hands up in surrender as the other two landed on the roof behind him.

"Oh thank god it's you," Jasmine breathed out. Donnie ran over to where Raph was laying, checking his pulse and scanning him with his goggles.

"Are you okay Jasmine?" Leo asked as she stood up to let Donnie work. She wrapped her arms around herself slightly and nodded shakily.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Just a bit shaken is all," she gave a tightly forced smile and Leo nodded, glancing over at his unconscious brother.

"What happened here?" He asked. Jasmine let out a shaky sigh and looked at Raph.