Chapter 7

"Thanks again, Donnie for setting this up," Jasmine yawned and took another sip of coffee. Donnie gave her an amused smile as he watched her pick up a red pen and draw something small on her left wrist.

"I'm just going to take a wild guess and say you didn't sleep last night?"

"I mean, how well would you sleep if you found out that your apartment has been broken into, the person who did it is out to get you, and they left no trace of their actions," she counted off on her fingers. "School was not fun today." Donnie chuckled and finished cleaning up his supplies.

"Well hopefully you get more sleep tonight. So, I've set it up so I'm monitoring every part of your apartment except your bathroom and your bedroom, for obvious reasons. The feed only goes live when it senses someone other than you enter the apartment. If someone enters that it doesn't recognize, it alerts me immediately," he explained and she nodded.

"What about my aunt?"

"Your aunt?" He asked.

"Yeah. She comes over once a week to check up on me." Jasmine shrugged.

"Well then I can adjust it from my lab that she's a friendly. I also have hacked into the street came and building cams around here and in the building, so if anyone comes around, we'll know about it." He said and gave her a smile before putting his duffel bag of equipment over his shoulder.

"That sounds good. At least now I know I'm more protected," she sighed and Donnie smiled sympathetically.

"I'll see you later Jasmine," he waved as he left through the window, leaving Jasmine with her thoughts.

<<{}>>

"So everything is fine?" Raph asked Donnie as soon as he came back. Donnie rolled his eyes.

"Yes Raphael. Your girlfriend is fine," he smirked and Raph let out a low growl at him.

"Shut up." Then he lifted up his hand and showed it to Donnie. "Besides, look what showed up."

"What do yo-..." he frowned and pushed his glasses up, snatching Raphs left hand and bringing it to his eyes. "How long ago did this show up?" He looked at the red smiley face on his wrist.

"I don't know. 20 minutes ago?" Raph replied. Donnie pursed his lips, remembering that Jasmine had drawn something on her wrist not too long ago. But he shrugged and put it off as coincidence, mentally telling himself to keep an eye on that, and maybe ask Jasmine what she had drawn on her wrist earlier.

"Well. I guess your soulmate is someone who draws on themselves when they're bored," Donnie suggested and Raph just scowled. As Donnie walked to his lab to check the results of the fingerprint scan; he wondered about the drawings on Raph. Maybe Mikey was right and Jasmine was Raphs soulmate after all. He rubbed his eyes as he sat down at his desk, the multitude of questions that needed answers swirling around in his head.

Meanwhile, Raph was storming off to train some more. He has tried hard to keep his mind off Jasmine, even stayed home while Donnie went to her apartment to set up the security feed. But his mind just kept going back to her, no matter what he did. When he trained, her eyes would pierce his brain. When he would read, he could feel her touch burn into his skin where he had caught her. When he would sleep, he saw her face, smiling as the breeze blew her hair back and the city lights danced in her eyes.

He growled and hit the punching bag as he walked by it, earning the attention of Master Splinter, who was meditating in the dojo.