Chapter 2

It's not like he meant to get caught. It just sort of-... happened.

In the middle of his angry run along the rooftops, he noticed a beautiful girl standing on a rooftop a few roofs away from him, that for some reason captivated him completely. He slowed down a bit to watch as she grabbed something out of a bag and put it to her face. It was odd to see someone out this late at night, but even more odd was the loud thudding of his heart when he looked at her.

He was so distracted by outstanding beauty of the girl, he realized too late that the thing she was holding was a camera...

And it was pointed directly at him...

"Leo's gonna kill me," he groaned as he watched the girl take some photos of the roof he was standing on, and then pull the camera away from her face and look down at it. He noticed her bring the camera closer to her face then look in his direction. He stared back at her until she slowly backed away and turned around.

That's when he took the chance and hopped off the roof he was on, and scaled the building that she was on, coming to stand behind her. His golden-green eyes watched her carefully from his place in the shadows. She glanced around, her back still turned to him, and then sighed.

"What the hell is going on?" She said out loud. The red banded turtle was surprised when she spoke, her voice absolutely stunning and making his jaw go slack.

"What the shit-..."Once again, he felt his heart thump in his chest.

"Calm down Raph. It's a human girl. Not like you've never seen one before." But this certain girl was-... different.

"Just great. First, you can't even take a damn photo. Now you're going crazy thinking there's a giant turtle standing on a rooftop in the middle of the night." He heard her say to herself as she continued to glance around, unaware that Raph was standing behind her. He smirked to himself before his smirk turned to a frown at the fact he had undeniably been caught. He thought about his options before deciding he should make his presence known.

"What's so crazy about that?" He said. He watched the girl freeze in place. He internally screamed at himself.

"Oh my fuck Raph you're an idiot. Now she's gonna think you're creep-.."

"So you are a turtle?" Her voice interrupted his thoughts. She hadn't turned around, just tilted her head slightly to the side, making her dark ponytail swish gently in the breeze. He swallowed hard.

"Nice to meet you too," he said back. "May as well put aside the ride demeanour and be polite for once," he told himself. She turned around, squinting towards the shadows.

"You didn't answer the question," she shot back. Raph watched her carefully. This girl-... something about her was different. And he wasn't sure what.

"Do I need to answer the question?" He said. She smirked towards the shadows, finally catching his
golden-green eyes shimmering in the dull light.

"Well, I usually like to know the person I'm taking pictures of." She took a step closer and Raph started to panic. What if she saw him? He needed to erase the camera, but that meant her seeing him for sure.

"I just need to erase the camera memory, then I'll be on my way. Plus I don't think it's a good idea for you to see me," Raph said. The girl shrugged.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure I've seen worse. Trust me on that one," she chuckled. "Come on, Brooklyn. I know you're here, so you may as well come out of the shadows," she took another step forward and Raph felt the corner of his mouth twist up into a smile.