That's put a target on my head from all sides, tho most monsters and hunters know better then to attack a vamp head on. However every now and again a young naive hunter or monster and they'll try to attack me. Monsters I kill, the hunters I just hurt badly.

You think this draken would be smart enough to not attack me head on, but it appears not.

(For best reading experience play the song at the top)

He charges at me, wings spread claws out. I drop to my knees sliding under his legs. Bring one leg in a kneel, I hold my sword and pull it out of the scabbard.

I return the attack in kind and charge at him, both hands on my sword, hunched over slightly. I attack his wings first, as so he can't fly away.

He let's out a cry of pain, as I slice through tendons as easily as a warm knife in butter. The silver of my blade making it sizzle as I slice. I finish my stoke and the draken falls on his knees.

He turns around and releases a stream of fire from his mouth. They did NOT teach me they could do that, in class. I mentally scream out as I just barely dodge the blow. I smell something burning and realize he got the edges of my hair.

"Oh that was SO not a good move buddy." I let the adrenaline over take me. My vision becomes sharper, the edges tinting in red, as I let my senses heighten. I feel my fangs poking out of my gums, and pull back my lips in a snarl.

The drake has the good sense to look slightly scared, as I let more of my vamp side out. The idiot however does not run away. No instead, he shakes his head and smiles at me.

"Well it looks like I'll be able to go back to the den, having killed a little vamp."

This pisses me off, but I remember what dad taught me. I don't let my anger rule my actions. I instead charge him, using my freed speed to race toward him, blade raised. He blocked with his claws, and pushes my back. I let him and fall to the ground, grabbing some of the lose dirt.

I throw the dirt at his face, momentarily blinding him as he puts his hands up to block the dirt. I surge forward aiming for his midsection.

I get a small cut to his abdomen. He howls out at the cut. On instinct he raises his knee and hit me my chest. I recoil from the blow, taking a moment to collect my thoughts and think of new plan.

It takes a short moment but I have one. It's a bit dirty, but I need to take care of this draken before any other hunters find my location.

I reach into my bag and ready my plan. Switch my grip on Imperia so I'm holding it w one hand, the other behind me. I stand up in a fencing pose, waiting for him to attack me.

He sees the opening, I have created for him and rushes towards me. His claws are out and I use Imperia to block them with my right hand. I bring my left hand from around my back, holding the small throwing dagger.

I plunge the dagger into the side of his body. He looks at the dagger in his side, then at my face. I smirk at him as he lets out a low growl, and falls to the ground. I sheath Imperia back in its scabbard, then reach down to pull my dagger out of the draken's side.

Wiping the dagger on the side of my jeans, I take a moment to rein in my emotion. Letting myself go back to the state, were my eyes are their usual redish teal and normal teeth.

"Put the dagger down." I open my eyes to see a hunter aiming a crossbow at my chest, silver tipped arrow loaded.

I drop my dagger and raises my hands up over my head slowly.

"Okay, how 'bout we talk?" I ask the woman who has long black hair, small brown eyes and a skin tone that matches her Asian features. Oh and a fucking arrow aimed at me. "You obviously responded to the draken call, same as me. So why don't you put the crossbow down and we can talk about it."

"Who are you, and why didn't say you were responding to the call?" She asks me, not putting down the bow.

"I didn't say anything because....." Shit, I gotta think of something quick. "Because technically I'm not supposed to go on solo hunts. However, I knew I could. Better to beg for forgiveness, then ask for permission." I say lying out of my ass, like my life deepens on it. Oh wait, IT DOES!!!

She slowly starts to lower the bow, and I breath a sigh of relief. "Been there, it's not easy being a female hunter. Let alone a solo female hunter."

I nod my head in agreement when she asks, "So, what family are you from?"

"Lovedock." I say flicking the pendent, that only blood family from the original hunters and high ranking members get.

"Damn, explains the killer moves. I'm from the Stone family, but my name is Emma Lee. Nice to meet you." She says holding out her hand.

I shake her hand, and suddenly my fingers start to burn.

"Shit" I say pulling back my hand shaking my fingers waiting for the burning to stop. I look at her hand to see what've hurt me. Then I notice she is wearing a bracelet, a silver bracelet.

I look towards her face as the burning in my fingers recedes as quickly as it came. In that split second I see her face change from welcoming a possible new ally, to seeing an enemy.

"Fuck"