CHAPTER TWENTY || DETERMINATION TO DIE

Previously...

I'd read through the conversation she had with Samantha and my heart broke in two with all the horrible events she had to go through.

...Because of me.

✶~~-∙•・✦✭~☆~✭✦・•∙-~~✶

TW: Strong language

(Next Morning, in Dream's perspective)

I woke up below Y/N, her breathing quiet and soft. Her arms were wrapped around my torso, and I gently remove them, careful not to wake her.

"Good morning, Princess," I whisper, seeing her stir and open her eyes drowsily.

"Clay?" She asks, staring at me with half-open eyes and a puzzled expression.

"Sorry, I fell asleep on your couch," I explain, lifting myself up and sitting upright on my couch with Y/N still on my laps.

"Oh," She mumbled, resting her head on my shoulder and letting out a content sigh.

I chuckle and rub her back, glad that we were finally back on good terms.
I promised to myself mentally that I would never have her be hurt by me.

I let her slip off of my laps and stand up, cracking my neck and ruffling my messy hair.
I catch Y/N stare at me and decide to tease her.

"Like the view?" I smirk, brushing her a kiss on the forehead and wandering off to her kitchen.
I hear Y/N complain as I reach for a cup and pour water inside.

"Want a glass?" I offer, holding out another cup.
She nods eagerly, taking the cup and filling it.

I still felt drowsy and lightheaded with the cold, but it wasn't as bad as the day before.
Y/N gave me a glance and narrowed her eyes.

"How's your cold?" She asks, as if she read my mind, setting her cup down.

"Much better," I say; I wasn't lying, though.
She reaches her hand out to feel my forehead, her hands cool to the touch.

I take ahold of her hand, grinning at the touch.
She pulls away, "You weren't lying! Your fever died down,"

I frown at the loss of her touch and lift her up, holding her up by her waist and kissing her cheeks.

"Clay," She giggles, shaking her head and playing with my hair.

.
.
.

It was 2:30. Nearly time to meet up with Samantha. I'd deleted the conversation I had with her on Y/N's phone earlier and George had distracted Y/N by asking to stream with her.

I pulled out a black hoodie, wore a white shirt underneath and put on some navy blue jeans; the classic style.

I began heading towards the cafe at 2:50 and arrived a minute before 3.

.
.
.

"Clay?" Samantha asked, surprised yet looking pleased to meet me.

"Sit down. We need to talk." I grumble, skipping all the greeting and getting straight to the point.

She sat down eagerly on the other side, cupping her face with both her hands and fluttering her eyelashes.

"Is your... girlfriend at home?" She asks, still smiling.

"Yeah, actually. I messaged you to meet me here," I say, voice flat.

"Oh, y'know you coulda just texting me yourself~ I woulda dressed up more nicely for you!" She giggled, twirling her hair and continuing to stare at me.