CHAPTER FIVE || FAKE SMILE

Previously...

I was grabbing my hot cheeks, screaming internally. Why did I go apologize? He was the one who almost intruded my house! I scolded myself for being stupid.

...But it was nice to talk to someone.

✶~~-∙•・✦✭~☆~✭✦・•∙-~~✶

TW: Self-hate, strong words

.

.

.

I haven't talked with anyone in person for so long I didn't even realize I forgot what it was like. I barely even talked to my own family. I couldn't bare to, it was too overwhelming. I scrunched my nose at the thought of talking to ma. She just purely hated me, she even managed to turn my grandparents away from me. I wouldn't blame her, though. If I were ma, I would hate me, too. Just at that moment, my phone rang. I didn't bother to check the caller id. "Hello?" 
"Ahh, Y/N! Long time no see," I recognized this voice. 
"...Ma?"
"YES, it's Mrs. L/N. I need to talk to you." I winced as she referred to herself as Mrs. L/N instead of ma

"What do you need?"

"Money, bitch. Money. I heard you got some job after you left Canada,"
I bit my lower lip. It was true that I earned money being a streamer, but was that a job?

"I don't know- I'd barely be able to scratch up spare money for you while paying my bills and rent-"

"No more talking. I don't care if you don't have enough money. I need mine right now." ma's tone was harsh. Nobody would believe that she was talking to her own daughter in this voice. I hesitantly replied, "Paypal...?"
"Now we're talking."

.

.

.

$5000 was gone by the time I ended the call with ma. I panicked. What if I couldn't manage to pay my bills? What if- I heard my bell ring. I rushed over to open it. "Hello?"

"Hi!" I saw the mystery neighbour in front of my house again. 

"We talked earlier on. What more do you need." 
"Hey- no need to get aggressive,"
"What do you want." I narrowed my eyes and glared at him.

"Oh, well, I just wanted to say I'm going to be on a call with friends playing a game, so I might be loud."
"Alright have fun." I immediately closed the door, annoyed. "If that guy's going to come over every time something minor happens, I'm going to flip." I muttered, glaring at his house. 

The mystery neighbour wasn't wrong. He was quite loud. I could hear him scream. It was muffled, but I could hear it. I wonder if his throat's sore after all that. I thought, snickering. I booted my PC up, staring up at the ceiling and leaning back on my chair. 
I scrolled through my Twitch recommendations before setting my own stream up. I don't have any good content in mind. I thought, worried. Then I remembered I was whitelisted on Dream SMP. Logging on, I started my stream. 
"Welcome to my stream, we're just going to be playing some Dream SMP, perhaps some hypixel." I started, "I don't have a lot of content ideas." 

I heard a loud muffled "GEORGE" from next door. I frowned, "Hey chat, seems like my neighbour's screaming a bit. Be right back." I muted myself from the stream, walking over to "Kevin's".

I rang his bell three times before he answered the door. He was smiling sheepishly. "Sorry. I was loud, wasn't I?" 

"No shit sherlock," I muttered.