CHAPTER THREE || AN INVITATION

Previously...

"Thanks for the pizza Y/N! It was great hanging out with you. To be honest, I don't hang out with anyone often so I barely go outside. Today was... special."

"I'm glad you enjoyed your stay..." 

+TW: Self hate, nausea/vomit

✶~~-∙•・✦✭~☆~✭✦・•∙-~~✶

"I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, Cade. You're pretty young, won't your parents be worried?" I asked, truly curious.

"I'm 19, Y/N. I moved out a few months ago. I'm- living with..." Cade almost whispered the last part, his voice was shaking a little.

"Pardon me? I didn't catch that last part,"

"...my boyfriend..?"

"Ah, that's great, I've always been lonely, it must be great to be roommates with your loved one."

"I thought... you wouldn't like me anymore because I was homosexual," He looked so relieved, and his wet eyes were looking at mine.

"I wouldn't do that."

I stared back, kindly, giving him a forced smile because I didn't know how to give a proper one. We were both silent for a few seconds until Cade's phone rang, vibrating my desk. 

"Hello?..." Cade answered looking a little nervous as he looked down and eventually looking at me. I could hear faint yelling from the other side of the phone, and I felt a little bad for Cade, so I intercepted Cade's phone, answering instead. 

"Hello. Who is this?" I lowered my voice, trying to sound more intimidating.

"Who are you? Where is Cade? CADE ARE YOU-" Someone sounded more upset than mad, and I held Cade's shoulder.

"CADE! Cade? CADE, you aren't... you aren't cheating on me... right?" The caller sounded heartbroken, and I immediately understood why. I cleared my voice, sounding more neutral.

"Hello, Cade's boyfrien-" I got interrupted.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO CADE? He wouldn't- he wouldn't cheat on me-" He sounded so distressed that I was starting to feel unsure of what I was doing. Cade looked at me with wet, wide, round eyes.

"Let me continue," I replied, sounding as calm as I could. "I didn't do anything to Cade. Cade came over to my house to help me. He is not cheating on you. You misunderstood us."

Cade's boyfriend's sniffling stopped, "Excuse me, sir, but how would I know you didn't do anything to Cade?" My expression hardened when he addressed me as "sir". 

"I'm not male." Cade looked horrified, realizing his boyfriend must've made a mistake, he took the phone from me, taking over.

"Jasper, Jasper, I'm fine, they accidentally called me instead of their friend -- Miyo I think -- because their friend and I are number neighbours." Cade tried explaining hurriedly. They had a little conversation before ending the call. "Y/N, I'm so sorry he addressed you as 'sir'-" I cut him off. "It's fine, Cade. I'm used to it." 

.

.

.

You've been streaming on a hardcore world 6 days old now. You already had full netherite and you were looking for an end city. 'StanBeeduo donated $20: Why don't you join DSMP? You already played with the Dream Team and everything' You didn't know how to respond, honestly. "Well, I haven't been invited, and if I get invited, later on, I'll make sure to... let you guys know." Your response was dry and you felt uncertain, but you didn't give it away.