chapter 7

After wiping his tears, Dream pulled the letter George had given him out of his pocket. He immediately started sobbing.

Dear Dream,

Hello Dream. I am writing this letter to give you when I die. I know that this day is coming soon. My disease is getting worse. I won't be able to breathe for much longer. (It's crazy how much your life can change in one night haha).  I have to live with this fact until the day I die, which is creeping up on me faster than I ever would have hoped.

I wanted to write you this letter so I can tell you all the things I could never say to you. For starters, I'm sorry for shutting you out. I hope you understand why. It was through no fault of your own. I figured if I isolated myself, it would be easier for everyone when I die.

Second, I love you. And that is the biggest thing I want you to take away from this letter. I will love you until the last star dies. Until the tides no longer turn. Until my last breath. Which unfortunately has to come so soon.

I had so much I wanted to do with you. I wanted to travel the world with you. There was so much more to our story. I will love you forever and always and anything after that. I have loved you for so long and my love for you will never cease.

And even as I exhale my last breath, you will never lose me.

I will be in the clouds as you look up at the blue sky

I will be in the flowers blooming in the sidewalk.

I will be in the snowflakes dancing down to the ground

I will be in the warm sun shining on your face

And in the stars, forever looking after you

I will always be with you, my love

I love you infinitely

I will find you in the next lifetime and every lifetime after that

You are never alone. Thank you for everything.

-George