chapter 4

They both sat at the dinner table together and began eating their steak. It was silent for the most part, but a comfortable silence. Silence was always comfortable between them, as they were very close. Dream kept taking in a deep breath and opening his mouth like he wanted to say something, but never did. He looked somewhat nervous or scared as well. Sapnap noticed this.

"Dude, are you okay?" He asked.

"Um, yeah, why?" Dream answered, looking more confused than nervous now.

"You keep acting like you're going to say something. What did you want to say?" Sapnap pushed. It was clearly something important that Dream wanted him to know. Dream sighed in defeat and put his fork down. He shut his eyes and then looked back at Sapnap.

"I got a plane ticket to Brighton." He tells him. Sapnap stares at him.

"You got a plane ticket to Brighton?" He repeats. He was a little mad Dream didn't get him one, but he didn't say anything.

"Yes, this is the only thing I can possibly do to help George." He paused. His expression softened and became extremely sad. "I'm scared, Sapnap." He said, much softer than before.

Sapnap nodded, communicating to Dream that he understood what he was saying.

They ate the rest of their steak in silence.