Vol. 2 - Best Day Ever!

Start from the beginning

Man: Yes we do.

Emerald: That's great! 

Man: Would you...like a copy?

Emerald: No, just wondering. 

Mercury then abruptly shuts another book, the sound echoing throughout the store. The atmosphere was getting more grim.

Emerald: Oh, oh! What about Violet's Garden in paperback?

Mercury: He's got it. Hardback too.

Emerald: Ooh, options are nice. 

Mercury: Aww, no pictures. (shuts book) Hey. Do you have any comics?

Man: Near the front.

Emerald: Oh! No! Wait! What. About. The Third Crusade?

The man's smile then disappears, him knowing that these two kids were here for a reason. He had a suspicious feeling about them since they entered in.

Man: Um...I...don't believe we carry that one. 

Mercury: (shuts book abruptly) Oh.

Emerald: What was this place called again?

Man: Tukson's Book Trade.

Emerald: And you're Tukson?

Tukson: That's right. 

Emerald: So then I take it that you're the one who came up with the catchphrase?

Tukson: Yes.

Mercury: And, what was it again?

Tukson: (sigh) Tukson's Book Trade. Home to every book under the sun.

Mercury: Except the Third Crusade. 

Tukson: It's just a catchphrase.

Mercury: It's false advertising!

Emerald: You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson. I hear you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo...

The silver-haired teen then moves to the front of the store, dimming out the lights so the people from the outside couldn't see.

Emerald: Your brothers in the White Fang wouldn't be happy to hear that. And neither are we. You know who we are, don't you?

Tukson: Yes.

Emerald: And you know why we're here?

Tukson: ...Yes.

Emerald: So, are you going to fight back?

Tukson: Yes!

Jumping onto the counter, Tukson revealed his faunus features, claws being extended from his nails. He leapt towards Emerald, swiping his claws, but she ducked. Glanced upwards, he sees he was facing Mercury.

But it all ended quickly as he raised his leg up and he thrusts it forward, the sound of a shotgun going off. Emerald and Mercury soon left the store, Mercury reading a comic book as she does so.

Emerald: What's with that?

Mercury: I liked the pictures.

Emerald rolls her eyes and then closes them. She then...remembered something.

Flashback

???: H-Holy shit, Emm...you...y-you killed him!

Emerald: What did you want me to do!? It was either him or us!

???: We said we wouldn't kill anyone when we were stealing anything! We said we'd keep our hands clean!

Emerald: Look, we can argue later! We have to get out of here!