Vol. 1 - New Team, New Friends (Part 2)

Ruby heard an echoing voice in her ears as she thought the Deathstalker had brought it's stinger down. The echoing voice was an annoying one.

Weiss: You are so childish!

As Ruby opened her eyes, the Deathstalker's stinger nearly hitting the top of her head, the Grimm's body was encased in ice. She looked to the white haired girl, who had her rapier stuck in the ground.

Ruby: Weiss?

Weiss: And dimwitted, and hyperactive, and don't get me started on your fighting style. And I suppose I can be a bit...difficult.

Y/N: (whispers to Owain) That's an understatement.

Weiss: But if we're going to do this, we're going to have to do this together. So if you quit trying to show off, I'll be...nicer.

Ruby: I'm not trying to show off. I want you to know that I can do this.

Weiss: Your fine.

Ruby: (whispers to herself) Normal knees...

Getting herself up, Ruby was amazed at Weiss's technique, the Deathstalker trying it's best to free itself from it's ice prison.

Behind the young girl was Yang, giving Ruby a tight squeeze as she hugged her.

Yang: I'm so happy you're okay!

They looked up to the sky, the Nevermore screeching.

Jaune: Guys, that thing's circling back! What are we going to do!?

Owain: Then we stand together! For I, the Chosen Hero arises!

Y/N: Yeah, yeah, we get it.

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly dallying. Our objective is right in front of us.

Ruby: She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the cliff.

The Schnee girl nods with a smile at Ruby, happy that she's taking the mission seriously.

Ruby: There's no point in fighting these things.

Jaune: Run and live. That is an idea I can get behind.

Y/N: Then let's haul ass!

With a smirk, Ruby grabs a golden horse, the Knight piece in chess. Jaune grabs a golden castle, the Rook piece. The two teens looked at each other and smile.

However, their short few seconds of peace were interrupted as the Deathstalker roared, the ice trapping it's pincer cracking.

Ren: Time we left!

Y/N: Right you are, Asian man! Let's a go!

Ruby: Right. Let's go!

The group then dashes off towards the cliff, Yang and Blake being the only ones to remain. Yang had a smile on her face, Blake going up to her with a confused look.

Blake: What is it?

Yang: Nothing.

Yang then runs off, Blake gaining a smirk herself as the two go to catch up with the rest of the group.

Running through the ruins, the Nevermore flew overhead. Everyone hid behind the stone pillars, Y/N and Owain joining with Yang and Ruby. The Nevermore perched itself on the tower in the middle of the abyss in front of them. It screeches once more.

Yang: Well, that's great.

Soon, the same Deathstalker comes crashing through out of the trees.

Jaune: Oh, man, run!