The frozen bathtub

"Perry!", said Azalea urgently and grabbed her sister by her shoulder. "We need to talk."

Periwinkle looked up from her book.
"Yeah, we do", she said, a nervous tone in her voice.
She closed her book and laid it aside onto the table.

The common room was not completely full, but there were enough people present to make a private conversation difficult.
So, the twins headed for the portrait hole.

"Where are you goin'?", asked Ron curiously, looking up from his chessboard. His opponent today was Seamus and his face had turned red from concentration. Rightfully so, his favorite sweets were at stake.

"Just taking a stroll", said Periwinkle absentmindedly as Azalea pulled her outside. They quickly turned left and walked along the corridor, not speaking. Not until they were on the fourth floor in an abandoned-looking corridor, did they stop.

"I need to tell you something", both said at the same time when they stopped beside a dusty window.

They paused.

"You go first", said Periwinkle.

"Okay."
Azalea drew a deep breath.
"I think I can...manipulate fire."

Periwinkle's eyes grew wide.
"WHAT?", she said perplexed. "What makes you think that?"

"Remember what happened in the Great Hall?", asked Azalea and when Periwinkle nodded, she continued: "Well, earlier, Malfoy and his two henchmen were- bothering me-"

Periwinkle's eyes narrowed angrily.

"And all of the flames of the torches on the walls turned golden too."

"That idiot", said her sister through clenched teeth. "I will-"

"Perry."
Azalea put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm fine."

"He still- urgh!"
Periwinkle fisted her hands and took a deep breath.
"Do you know how you did that fire-thing?"

Azalea shrugged.
"I think it may have something to do with my feelings. I got really angry earlier-"

"But you weren't angry in the Great Hall", Periwinkle interrupted. "What were you thinking about?"

Azalea shrugged.
"I don't know. About the newspaper?"

Periwinkle bit her lip. Then she turned away from the window and looked at the torch on the opposite wall. It's flame was very small and a weak yellow.
"Maybe it's not only connected to anger", she said finally, remembering her earlier incident with the ice on the wall. "Maybe..."
She let her voice trail away.

"Maybe what?", asked Azalea, fidgeting with the hem of her sleeve.

"Can you put your hand next to the flame?"
Periwinkle pointed at the torch.

Glancing at it unsurely, Azalea said: "You sure that will work?"

"No. Maybe. Just try it."
Periwinkle gently pushed her sister toward the torch, eager to see what would happen.

Azalea sighed and lifted her hand.
This feels stupid, she thought as she watched the flame, dancing slowly in front of her eyes. She could feel the heat on her hand, but it wasn't uncomfortable.
A few seconds passed.
"I'm not sure this will-", started Azalea, when suddenly, the flame grew in size. It turned a vibrant gold, casting a golden sheen on the wall.

Her eyes widened and she jumped back, before whirling around to her sister.
"Did you see that?", she exclaimed, feeling slightly out of breath.
"I just- how did I do that? That's so cool! Can you-"
She stopped, finally noticing that Periwinkle had gone pale.
"What's wrong?", asked Azalea perplexed.