𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒅.

Start from the beginning

"You have my thanks." He was surprised by the sadness on your face.

Did he know I was dying? No... But why would he give me a sad smile?  He wondered before smiling back at you. "You are quite welcome. Please, take what you wish." He said before he watched you and Aether found the Censer before taking it to who knows where as Pervases could see his body slowly becoming transparent. He let out a sigh as he looked at the sky. "This probably mark my last day here and my anniversary of death. Too bad I didn't get to eat Grilled Ticker Fish." He said melanchonicly.

____________________________________________

You two returned back to the temple with Aether was out of breath, trying to catch up with you. He was not used to being so agile on feet after all because out of everyone, you would be the least athletic person in a group since you usually complained how your legs would cramped up despite only done one kilometer walk.

"Next, we need the Seven Star Lamp- Wait, Aether, how come are you out of breath? Shouldn't our place would switch here?" You thought before Aether just let out a deep sigh.

"No need, let's just get this whole ordeal done." He said as you just looked at him in confusion before you just hummed in response before you two split up to get the Star Lamps. It took a few minutes and you saw him holding four while you held three in your hands. "We have all we need, let's say goodbye to that man before we depart?" He really want to say no but it would be rude to leave without saying goodbye to the person.

You two went to where he stood before as Aether looked quite confused. "Wasn't he hear before?" He asked before you suddenly heard a voice coming from behind.

"I had presumed that once you had acquired what you came for, you would forget about me and simply be on your way..." You looked directly at the Statue while Aether immediately looked around for the source of the voice.

"Where are you exactly?" Aether asked.

"I had presumed that once you had acquired what you came for, you would forget about me and simply be on your way... Now that you have taken the Seven-Star Lamps and censer used in the Mortal Lingering ritual, my form is no longer visible to you." Pervases explained to you two. Not that you don't know.

"Y—Y—You're a g—g—ghost?" You never thought you would see him to look scared but you find it very cute if you have to be honest.

Pervases just chuckled as he began to say, "It is not untrue to say this. The line between adepti and ghosts is a fine one indeed. I was once a junior in the order of the yakshas, bestowed with the name Pervases by Rex Lapis himself. Yet my strength failed, and I was slain in battle. Today was the anniversary of my death. My last wish was to see a modern Liyue, and so I took the liberty of performing this ritual here. That aside... You were sent here by the Conqueror of Demons, were you not?" He asked as you nodded.

"You two know each other I presume?" You asked him, covering for Paimon's line. Not that like you remember pretty well except for the Lyre scene. You remembered that so clearly you could reenact it in four languages.

"I sense his aura upon you... that, and the heavy burden of his karma." He said sounded so disappointed and let out a sigh. Even after all these millennia, he still must endure such tremendous suffering? ...I am truly ashamed." He said before you immediately trying to reassure him.

"Don't say that, you sacrifice yourself for the sake of Liyue, didn't you?" You asked him as you somewhat could feel his gentle gaze on you yet full of disappointment and shame for himself.

"Life is a precious thing, yes... But when I think of the burden that the Conqueror of Demons must bear... *sigh* death seems to me to have been the easy way out. A selfish indulgence, even." He stated before you looked at him in pity.

"Pervases..." He just chuckled his pain away before apologizing to you profusely.

"Birthdays are joyful occasions, but by the same token, it is hard to not be melancholy on the anniversary of one's death. The Mortal Lingering will not last much longer. Take care, you two, and please pass on my regards to the Conqueror of Demons..." He said before you could sense his aura slowly fading away.

"You take care too, Pervases." Aether stated.

"I wish you have a peaceful life." You prayed for him before he finished his poetry and said his last wish before disappearing. His aura disappeared completely before you let out a sigh. "We should get going. But let's come back here and make an offering sometime." You said as Aether nodded in agreement.

"So you know that he was an adeptus that has lost his life?" Aether asked you as you stayed silent for a moment.

"Well, from the moment I laid my eyes on him." You answered him before making your way back to where you supposed to meet Xiao at. Now makes you wondered if those seelies that you saw were was his comrade... But you wondered where's the other one go.

We should get going. But let's come back here and make an offering sometime.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author Note:

I swear I forgot how calming his voice sound and well that's from me, I hope you enjoy this... Whatever I wrote and have a good day. Also have a Pervases fanart which make me like wish he is still alive.

 Also have a Pervases fanart which make me like wish he is still alive