Chapter Seven: Free

Start from the beginning

"I'll stay here, if she wakes I'll tell you. Go on."

"Thanks Pete."

"Anytime."

☽☆☾

As the day drew to an end Aries still hadn't awoken, Remus walked into the room followed by Peter and James, Sirius still sat next to her.

"Is it time?" he asked.

"Yeah, got about two hours, we're going now, we're going to floo to the Hogs head. Then walk to the shack from there." Remus said.

"I'll get ready quickly."

Remus shook his head. "You should stay here, I can survive one moon without you."

"Remus-"

"Hey." he said softly as he touched Sirius' arm lightly. "You don't get to choose your family over me all the time, and if Aries wakes up she'll want to see you. That's why she apperated here."

Sirius hesitated, he'd not missed a single full moon since fifth year, he didn't want to leave him.

"I have James and Pete, I won't be alone."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, it's not like we're running out on full moons now are we? I'm sure you won't miss anymore of them."

Sirius nodded and embraced Remus in a hug. "I love you." he whispered into his ear.

"I love you too."

The Marauders left the room and Sirius resumed his usual place, and played the long game of waiting.

☽☆☾

Her arm burned.

She looked down, the mark was prominent against her skin, the snake tail twisted. She shook her head.
"No." she whispered, rubbing it vigorously until her skin turned red. A sound made her look up, in the corner she could see the hooded figure from that night watching her, their red gleaming eyes narrowed. She backed away as they stood, walking towards her.

They reached out their arm towards her, she closed her eyes tightly waiting for them to do something, but they didn't.

When Aries opened them again she was in a dark room she didn't recognise, the only light came from the bright full moon out of the window. She looked down at her arm, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw it was bare.

She turned to the side, her body hurt but she brushed it off. She saw Sirius asleep in the chair, he used his arm as a pillow, he looked extremely uncomfortable.

She rubbed sleep out of her eyes and felt her cheek was rough, she grazed down her neck and pulled her shirt forward, there were healed scars trailing all the way down her body, she breathed heavily as she got out of the bed walking fast paced towards the bathroom, turning on the light and looked into the mirror.

Her right side of her body was covered in scars, almost like flames. Some had started to turn white but the majority were scarlet red.

"Aries?"

She turned to face her brother, tears flooded her eyes. Sirius rushed towards her, gripping her into a hug.

"They tried to make me a death eater." she cried. "They- I think they made Regulus- I didn't know what to do- I left- I didn't think-"

"Aries, Aries, It's fine you're safe." Sirius said, "You're okay. You're free of them."

"I didn't mean to leave Regulus."