~Dear Child~

Note: Well, this is going to come to a close soon. Maybe 2 or 3 chapters?

Whispers of spring faded into the heat of summer. The day that had caused conflict fading into the distance. Douma was careful not to let Y/n get too involved with the demon world. While she knew what he was, that was all she needed to know. She would never meet anybody else if he could help it. He'd keep her solely to himself, safe from others who may try to steal or kill her.

With each day's slow passing Douma grew to be overprotective. He wouldn't leave her alone. He felt an odd need to protect her at all times. When he had missions he forced himself out of their bed before she could wake and keep him from leaving. When he was back his body would cling to her tightly as if it had been years since they last saw each other. "Douma, careful you'll squish them!" Y/n snickered as Douma rubbed his face on her stomach while holding her sides. He was amazed at how far they had come. He wanted to see it already. He felt a strong care for something he has yet to meet, another new experience.

Douma sat up with a large smile. His head tilted to the side as he tried making sense of her words. "I don't understand?" Y/n could only laugh and flick his forehead as she ran her hand over the bump.

She was about to speak when Douma was suddenly holding her bridal style within his arms. She nearly screeched at the sudden lift. She was set down softly, though he stood in front of her blocking her with a glare. A familiar demon, to him, stood against the wall. The more harmless of the two he's been expecting to eventually show up to introduce themselves to his love. He wished to call her wife but they were not married. He didn't think a demon and human could marry anyways. "Akaza." Douma snarled sensing the fear Y/n had been put in.

Akaza returned the higher-ranking demon's glare. "You missed another meeting Douma." Akaza glanced at the girl skeptically. She didn't bother to shut her left eye, the way the man looked practically said he wasn't human.

Nervously holding onto Douma's pants-leg she spoke. "Who is this?"

Douma turned around to clasp his hands together and smile. "Oh right! I haven't told you about my friends! This is Akaza, he's in the upper three right beneath me!" With that, Douma elbowed the demon in the stomach as a punch attempted to hit Douma on the head.

"We are not friends." Akaza snarled his words before leaving in an angry dash.

Y/n snickered before she snuggled against herself, waiting for Douma to lay beside her. They talked, laying like that until Douma had to do some work.

~

Akaza frequently visited the cult, spending time with Y/n. She got to know things about him and he got to learn about her. Days shifted to weeks and the endless time spent together grew longer and longer. There were nights she woke from nightmares, times she had to reassure herself how much Douma loved her. Some days she wished he was human like her. They could age together, grow old, bask in the sunlight, and raise their child normally. That was a fairytale dream, it would never happen, at least to her knowledge. Once you were a demon, like Douma, who had lived for hundreds of years you would never be able to be human again.

When they could, they spent most of their time in the garden, even as she got closer and closer to the end of pregnancy. They wondered in silence if the child would be human or like its mother. Would it look more like its mother or father? Would they be good parents?

There were times when Douma thought hard and long about things that he wished were impossible. Death, Y/n was human, she aged and would grow old. She'd leave him with their child who might also age and die while he remained 20 for eternity. He'd never cursed his choices before but now, he truly wished Y/n had been born before he was a demon. He wished to have lived a human life alongside her. These thoughts changed nothing about his actions towards other humans though. He still ate and grew stronger. He still served the one who had made him a demon.