~Sweet for Trust~

It was warm, a contrast to the bitter cold that would usually wake her from sleep. In the past it would have been impossible to sleep much at night and when the sun rose she'd always be awake. It was odd to feel surrounded by warmth. She wanted to keep resting, to continue letting her eyes sit behind her eyelids. It must have been the schedule written within her mind that caused her to open her eyes, knowing the sun must have been up for a while now, but the room she laid in lacked windows, keeping it coated in darkness.

With no knowledge of where she was, she seemed to panic. A haze seemingly covering her head, making it difficult to recall yesterday's events clearly. Whether it was unlucky or a gift she wasn't left alone for much longer. The door to the room slid open with little sound. A man, familiar but unfamiliar, walked in with a playful smile. "Ah, you're already awake! I thought I'd have to come to wake you myself dear." His hands clasped together in what should have come off as kindness but she couldn't sense his kindness. He wasn't fooling her with his act. Perhaps she was overanalyzing the man. However, when her response wasn't quick the male in front of her quickly made up for her silence. "You're at my temple! The paradise cult, I'll lead you into an eternal paradise!" With each word from the man's mouth, her eyes threatened to narrow. He seemed so fake. She didn't know what happiness felt like, even if she did she hardly felt many emotions. Perhaps his forced joy was an emphasis on how happy he was? "Hmm, you're the silent type I take it?"

Shaking her head she finally spoke up. "Not really, I quite enjoy small talk." Her head tilted to mirror the male's smile, her eyes fluttering shut for a small moment. "I'm humbly thankful for your help..."

"Douma, my name is Douma, and I mentioned I lead the people here already. Now, what's your name? Tell me something about yourself!" Douma's smile softened as he directed the question to her.

Perhaps within the darkness of the room, he hadn't noticed her eyes, the eyes which seemed to be the main reason for her torments. She decided before the lights came on she'd close the left eye to prevent her savior from seeing it. "My name is Y/n... I don't have anything interesting about myself."

Douma sighed as he reached behind him to flick the room's light on. Even if he could see perfectly in the dark he had to take into consideration the human before him. "Surely you do! Everybody here has a story to tell." His smile, so wide and bright, kept her attention drawn to him. She couldn't look away, not from somebody who looked god-like. The multi-colored eyes that brought out the man's pale complexion seemed too perfect for the mortal world. He seemed to notice her eye focused on him, the other closed. "You can start your story by explaining that eye. I thought it looked rather pretty. So why do you close it Y/n?" surprised the girl sat up straight, shyly avoiding his gaze.

It took her a moment to calm her nerves and let him have a look at the eye. "You don't think it makes me a monster?" Within that moment Douma wished he knew human emotions. In most scenarios, the second party would find this amusing.

Reaching his hand out to run his thumb under the eye and look closer he tilted his head. "Of course not dear, do you believe in monsters? Do you believe in the things that crawl at night, the creatures from your bedtime stories?" He read the confusion on her face with a snicker as he continued examining the eye, completely aware of her embarrassment within the situation.

"There was one story my mother told me when I was still little and when she was alive. It was something about man-eating monsters. She said her family after marrying her off to my father had been killed by one of them. I've never believed her, never will. The only monsters in this world are people like my father." Douma could almost laugh, there was a monster before her, yet, she seemed to be like most mortals. Perhaps she thought he was simply a god to bring her to paradise.