~Bitter Reunion~

Note: This chapter is going to be sponsored by a smidge of pain and anger, mostly anger.

The sound of thunder was always followed by an eerie quiet. No creature dared to stray from the warmth of a home as the storm passed over. It was always like this after a storm, whether it be snow that came with raging winds or a thunderstorm's sympathy.

Winter storms always appeared peaceful, even on a day that should be sad the flurries of snow that rushed past the window were nothing but pretty. There was a certain serenity to them on a day that marked horrid memories. She had been here for a year now. Time had passed rather quickly and along the journey, a love had sprouted within her chest. Cold hands wrapped around her perched position. Douma played around with her hair, twirling it within his fingers as he listened to her steady breathing. "It's already been a year." His voice was soft, filled with affection for her.

With a smile, she leaned back, letting his body support her as she leaned back and brought her hands up to cup his cheeks within her hands. She always felt small compared to him but it made her feel comforted and safe. His arms locked around her in a grip that nobody could intrude upon. Nobody dared touch her for fear of upsetting Douma. It was as they said he'd bring her to her personal paradise. This truly was paradise for her. "Can I make a request?" He unwrapped his arms to sit next to her and look out to the winter setting she was staring at. He wrapped his left arm around her waist to pull her close. The warmth of her body leaned against his deathly cold skin was comforting.

Leaning her against him he nodded. "Depends~ how large of a request?" He was only joking and she knew that.

"I want to visit home with you." Surprised by her words he straightened up and looked at her skeptically. "I just want to know if it's been abandoned." Douma looked down at her with a look that she didn't register. It was as if he would say no.

He was going to decline her request before he thought about it. Maybe this was the closer her little human brain would need. Maybe she'd be free of any remaining guilt or doubts within her head if they went back to see the house she grew up in. "When it stops snowing tomorrow night I'll take you." This would be a good way to gauge if he'd kill the bastard that held the title of her father. If after all the pain he caused Y/n, if he was still alive, if he hurt her anymore, if she shook in fear or a single tear escaped her lips, he'd carry his dear back to the temple. When she was asleep he'd find that man and kill him. He could see the fear and shock, the look of regret on the man's face.

As if she sensed the bloodlust dripping from him she turned to look at him. Her eyes softened as she kissed his cheek thankfully. "Douma, don't be extreme with whatever happens." Turning to look at her he smiled and raised a hand to pat her head.

"I won't dear, now let's head to bed." Nodding, she let him lift her as he stood. With the nervousness resting within her, she took longer than normal to fall asleep curled next to Douma.

~

When sundown arrived she found herself rocking on her feet nervously until she was suddenly scooped up. Having not expected the sudden hold she let out a yelp. Douma chuckled before whispering into her ear. "Hold onto me tightly." Having no idea why she had to, she buried her head into the crook of his neck and let her arms tightly wrap around his neck. The sound of wind and the force of it pushing up against her body knocked her breath from her lungs until she became used to it. "Don't try to look up, you'll injure yourself." She was confused by listening to Douma's words until the air stopped, and they came across her home.

As Douma set Y/n down, he was careful to be ready to react in case she needed to collect herself from the run. She shook the light-headed feeling off quickly and descended the final hill to the home. Douma followed close behind until he spotted the tree. The purple flowers hanging from the branches seemed to be well cared for. Noticing Douma had stopped, Y/n turned around tilting her head before she noticed what he was looking at. "It's all over the house, my mother and I loved to grow it and make tea with it." rubbing the back of her neck she seemed apologetic.