"I think it'll always be a part of you, but just try not to let it control your life. I know that's easier said than done though." He brushes a pieces of hair away from my face. "They may have been able to take away your happiness then, but don't allow them to continue to take it away." He rubs up and down my arms with his hands gently. "I want you to be happy, to live the life you've always wanted. I want you to be free from the things that weigh down your wings, Gabriella. I want you to be able to fly, I want you to do all the things you've ever dreamed of doing." He says, his voice soft but firm. He takes my hands into his and holds them loosely. His callused thumbs brushing over my knuckles. "I'll help you any way I can, you just have to tell me how to do that, okay?" He rests his forehead against mine.

"Okay." I say, nodding my head gently.

He places a sweet kiss on my forehead and then looks at my lips. His hazel eyes lock onto my blue ones as he leans down. I glance at his dark pink lips and I start to close my eyes, anticipating the feeling of his soft warm lips on mine.

"Hey, lovers." We hear Jacob, as he swings open Alexander's office door. Alexander stands up straight and let's out a very audible groan. I can't help but giggle at his irritation. "What? It's still not my fault you take twenty minutes to make a move." Alexander just rolls his eyes and Jacob walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Hi, B" he whispers.

"Hi, J" I try to greet him, but my words are muffled because he's squeezing my head into his chest.

"Okay, okay. I'd like my girl back now, breathing and still conscious." Alexander wraps his arm around my waist, tucking me into his side, and smiles down at me. He's breathtakingly gorgeous.

His girl, I think to myself. I can't help the huge grin that spreads across my face as my eyes lock onto his. His eyes look bright and dark at the same time. He's happy and I hope that I'm a part of that. I always want to be a reason that he has happiness in his life.

Another one of our moments are interrupted as Cade walks into the room. "Hey, Bri" he says with a smile on his face, he walks over pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hi, Cade." I hug him back just as tightly.

"So, are we still on for tonight?" Cade asks as he lets me go. He looks between Alexander and Jacob, waiting for an answer. Alexander lowers his head, shaking it. Jacob looks at Cade with wide eyes and flailing arms.

Yeah, that was subtle.

"What's going on?" I ask, folding my arms against my chest.

They all hesitate to tell me, but then Alexander looks at me and sighs. "We're going to get Lilly out of that house. We've been trying to figure out reasons to go over there. We told our fathers some of what you told us." My eyes widen, and he's quick to reassure me. "Not everything though. They said it was just hear say at this point and they needed a solid reason. So," he draws out. "Jacob's dad, looked into the house and the land it sits on. They're so far behind on property taxes and mortgage, they don't know how they're still living there or how their house hasn't went into foreclosure. They've kept things hidden for way too long and we're about to expose all of it." Alexander tells me, his words are full of anger.

"I'm going." I inform them.

"Hell no." They all shout.

My eyes widen at their raised voices. "Yes, I am. I need to face them."

"B, I know what you're looking for, but you won't get it. They won't be remorseful, they won't say they are sorry because they're not." Jacob tells me quietly, almost like he didn't want to say the words.

"He's right, Bri. There's nothing left for you there. I don't think it's a good idea for you to go there." Cade says in agreement, shaking his head.