Chapter 31 Empty

~Lorenzo~

    I end the call feeling...empty.

No, I did what I had to do. I don't care about the consequences as long as it doesn't hurt Beatrice. "Lorenzo." I jolt back before turning around seeing Lizzie walking up behind me her grey and blonde hair pulled up in a neat bun. Her apron covered with flour and my blood. She is holding a tray of food in one hand and a pitcher of water in the other. "Is Bice sleeping?" She asks stopping in front of me. I just nod and look back through the crack of the door seeing Beatrice's small sleeping form cuddled up next to her bear. A faint smile appering on my face.

"Yeah." I mumer. Lizzie humming in resonse.

"Yeah, so Dr. Hyde was looking for you but I assumed you and Bice wanted time by your selves so I told him to meet you at your office at 3 pm. Is that okay?" I lean against the wall my arms crossed, my mind set on finding and killing that bastard. "Lorenzo?" I look back up at Lizzie who has her hand on my shoulder. "Are you...I mean...How are you?"

"I'm fine." I say shrugging her hand off my shoulder and heading back into the room but right before I was going to shut the door. Lizzie stops me.

"Lorenzo." She says calmly looking me directly in my eyes. "It's okay to mourn. Don't bottle it up." I look at her my brows furrowed, and my fists clenched. What does she know? And I don't have time to FUCKING mourn, once I kill that bitch then I can mourn. How can I mourn knowing that he is still out there. After he Killed. My. FAMILY!

"That all?" I ask my voice filled with venom and spite. She looks down at the floor then back up at me and nods, handing me the tray of food and pitcher of water. I was about to protest when she interruped.

"For Bice." And with that she left. Letting me shut the door and leaving me to my thoughts, again. A part of me wanted her to stay and ask me how I was doing but that is a stupid selfish request if I wanted to talk about it. I would have said so. Placing the tray of food and pitcher of water on the nightstand next to another tray? The food didn't even looked touched. I look back at Beatrice and shruged it off. Earlier, when I entered it was around lunch, I bet she was just about to eat.

While sobbing?

I ask myself, but I push that thought away. I have to much to worry myself about then who that food was for and why it isn't eaten. I look back over at Beatrice her sweet little face pressed up against the pillow.

Why do they want you angelo? What is happening?

I brush my thumb lightly against her soft cheek. Beatrice mumering something and stirring a bit but immedidtly falling back asleep. She must be tired. Honestly all I want to do is cuddle up next to her and sleep the night away, I want to pretend this never happend. That my family isn't...

I try and shake that thought away. Because they aren't....They can't...could they?

I look over at the nightstand and see that it's about a quarter to three and I need to meet Hyde. I need more info on that afternoon and what Beatrice's charts are and how in THE FUCKING WORLD! A rat got into the system and who authorized it. I take another annoyed sigh and walk towards the door but I stop midway. What if something happens if I leave? What if someone comes in and....

-FlashBack-

I stare at Carena's limp state. Blood dribbling out of her mouth, my vision blurry, and the pain in my chest only growing.

It's a bloodbath.

My boys fighting with Ricardo and Hyde giving Beatrice C.P.R. behind the desk. Everything goes fuzzy as I slowly let go.

-End of FlashBack-

I shake my head rapidly as my breaths quicken. Keep it the fuck togther Lorenzo! You have to fucking stay strong! It's your fault their dead do you want Beatrice to-

"No!" I scream as I hear the door open. I pull out my gun and in a quick second pull the trigger. I hear Beatrice scream as Lizzie's eyes go wide at the bullet hole next to her in the wall. I drop the gun on the floor, Lizzie staring at me then the gun. She was going to say something but we got stopped by a sob. I look behind me seeing Beatrice wide awake. Tears falling down her cheeks as she thrashes around in the bed. Her feet and torso tangled up in the bedsheets. She continues to sob heavily as she curls herself up in a ball.

Me and Lizzie run over the sound of my men running down the hallway echoing faintly.

"Beatrice, calm down angelo. I'm sorry, it was me. I'm sorry." But she doesn't stop crying only starts shaking her head and brings her hands up to her ears. Trying to muffle the sound. Lizzie trys to speak to her as my men come running in.

"Boss what's-"

"The gun was faulty and shot off. My daughter is hyperventilating and needs Dr. Hyde. Go!" I see him nod rapidly as they run off. One of my men grabbing the 'faulty gun' and following behind them. I turn my attention back to my daughter. Tears falling down her rosie cheeks. Guilt building up.

Fuck! My daughter whom I just swore to protect is hyperventilating because I couldn't keep it togther. Way to FUCKING go!

~Bice~

Not again! Not again! Pw-Pwease not again!

All I see is red. Bwood ev-everywhere. Mama.....gone. Just wike before.

I did tis. I did tis! Now tey are here for Enzo and it's my fault. Father told me tis would happen. I don't deserve to eat. I don't deserve anyting. I should have died instead of Mama. My bweathing hurts and my body keeps shaking. I want to stop shaking! I want all of da pain to stop! Pw...Pwease why won't it stop? I see who I tink is da doctor come in and rush over to me but his sudden movement onwy scares me more as I back up screaming. I won't want to get hurt. I DON'T WANT TO GET HURT!

I-I just want to...vanish.

****

AN: Late update I know!...I'm so fucking sorry but I TECHNICALLY updated soooooo......Well it's super short but it's something also EVERYONE is asking if they are really dead and well......I can give you this. Someoneisstillaliveandyouwillseethemagainandthereismorethenoneperson.

Ha! Good luck trying to figure that shit out! Well love you babes next update is Aug. 17th. 2021. So tommorow. (Since this was so short and late)

Bye, Loves.