Chapter 30 Joy or Fear

~Bice~

    I sit on da bed.

  Watching da TV. Winnie da Pooh is on and it's about a big scawy monster called da huffalump scaring Pooh and his friends but it only turns out to be a wittle elephant. Which is funny cause da huffalump is weawy nice and dey were scared of him. Honestly it's da first time I have smiled in well....it feels wike forever. I wook down at da winnie da pooh stuffed animal Gio got me and immeditly that smile fades into a frown as tears begin to fall from my cheeks. I-I sorry. I wish I could be dead everyone would be happier wouldn't dey?

I gwab da control and turn of da TV. I won't want to watch anyting wight now.

I wook back over at da nightstand. My food still hot and weady for me.

'Can you please try and eat for me angelo?'

Wizzie's words echo in my ear as I take a havy breath. Everything is starting to get blurry at da thought of eating. I swowy reach at for da bowl of fruit prepared for me. My hand twembling but I pull back tears flooding down my cheeks as my breaths shake. I bwing my knees to my chest as I begin to sob.

I-I am su-such a mistake. Wook a-at me. I tan't even eat and now Wizzie is going to be ev-even sadder.

My whole body begins to shake harshly as I my cries get louder but I bite my wip. Twying to quiet my sobs. Wh-Why couldn't I die? Why was it tem? But at tat very moment da door bursts open. A loud scream coming from me. But I only see.

Enzo.

~Lorenzo~

   I burst open the door ignoring Lizzie's calls. I heard crying! Crying and no one even dared to try and check to see what is happening to my daughter. When I open the door I hear a loud scream and whem my eyes meet hers. I feel an overwhelming amount of joy and fear. Her entire body is trembling harshly and her body is curled up in a ball. She looks at me her eyes glassy with tears. I don't hestiate for one moment. I run over to her Beatrice bracing herself but I only pull her into a tight hug. At first she tries to push away not a scream or word comeing out of her mouth but eventually she stops and just lays still in my arms.

I can't stop the tears from flooding down my cheeks. As I hold her in my arms. "I-I'm sorry Beatrice. I-I couldn't save them but I promise with my whole heart. I will protect you!" I mumer. My voice deep and raspy but so very vunerable. I feel her slide her small hands up to my shirt and take a fistful of my shirt tightly into her closed fists. Small sobs and sniffles echoing throughout the room. "I love you Beatrice and it's not your fault." I hear a small gasp before she leans back and brings her hands up to my cheeks.

Holding my face in her hands she leans foreward and rests her forehead on mine. Only Six words coming out of her. Six words that broke me. Six words that shook me to a core. "Promise, you won't leave me too." She mumbles her whole body still shaking. I look into those honey gold brown eyes of hers and I offer her a small smile. Trying to offer warmth and comfort.

"Promise." I say putting up my pinky finger her extending hers and linking.

***

I pull her back into my chest and rub her back till her breaths even and her sobs quiet. Her small body so delicate like glass, fragile. But all I want to do is hug my daughter. I glance over and see a picture of all of us togther in a family photo framed on the nightstand. The time for grieving is over. The time for revenge is here.

I feel her stir gently but I sush her back to sleep her form going back to a soothing rythem of breaths.

She's the only thing I have left now and I swear on everything I have left.

Nothing will happen to her!

Even if it means I must go down the dark road my father traveled but unlike him. I'll succed and I won't fall astray.

****

I slowly close the door but stop half way keeping eyes on her at all time. Taking my phone out of my pocket I dial the numbers 445-990-2902. I place the phone up to my ear I hear the typical dial ringing tone but eventually it stops and is met with heavy breathing and a deep voice.

"Lorenzo, what do you want?" He asks his voice muffled by some mild static and raspy from cigars.

"I need a job done." I say looking back at Beatrice. Laughs comeing from the otherside of the line.

"I thought you said you wouldn't use me anymore after that little Lion in-"

"Yeah, well I changed my mind! Now are you in or out?" I ask my voice laced with danger. Small tapping sounds coming from the other side before I get greeted by a small chuckle.

"I'm in. Now what's the job?"

AN: Sorry it's crap and ALSO everyone keeps asking me about the twins! And everyone else of course but mostly the twins and guys. Trust me things are going to get EVEN CRAIZER! Trust me if you think this writting is crap (Which it is) Then wait till the next couple chapters when things get NUTS! Next update Aug. 16th. 2021.

So yeah I'm going to start being more regular now. That I'm all settled in and all this laptop craizness is over! Also please go check out my other books 'The Raven and The Dove' and 'Synn' Thanks Babes!

Love you!

~RoiseRed