Chapter 25

After having dinner at one of the most expensive restaurants in France, Namjoon drove Jin along the place. He smiled with amusement everytime the latter expresses excitement. Namjoon was able to see another side of the Jin that he knew.

" Namjoon-ah! Look! " Jin pointed at the lights that illuminated the whole city. " They look like stars! Isn't it beautiful? " 

Namjoon looked at the view from where they are standing. It is indeed a resemblance of stars in a night sky but the undeniable truth is that,  it wasn't as beautiful as Jin himself. 

" Yes, it's beautiful. " Namjoon replied. His eyes were glued at Jin's. Not even realizing that the latter had already turned around to meet his gaze. As if on cue, fireworks from the nearby park erupted and made Namjoon snap back to reality. For the first time in his entire existence, he blushed.

Fortunately, the place is dim enough for Jin to not notice his reaction. 

I miss you... 

" You miss who? " Seokjin asked. He probably voiced his thoughts out loud. 

Namjoon scratched the back of his head before answering.

" Just someone. We went here before. " Namjoon.

Jin observed Namjoon's facial expression. He somehow had a glimpse of the longing in the man's eyes. A part of him wanted to ask more but it seems like it was a sensitive question to ask. Jin doesn't want to ruin the atmosphere. 

Silence.

" Have you ever been in a situation where you're near but it feels like you're very far? When that something is in front of you but when you try reaching for it...it becomes unreachable.  " Namjoon asked out of the blue. 

They were sitting on the damp grass, forgetting the traffic around the area. Jin turned his gaze to the city lights that illuminated the place before answering.

" A lot of times... " Seokjin answered. Namjoon looked at Jin. 

" But its fine... I already got used to it. There are really things that are unreachable despite the distance. We can't force something that's not for us. " Jin added, smiling at himself.  

" What do you do about it, then? " Namjoon questioned.

For a moment, Jin stopped smiling. He heaved a sigh before answering. 

" I let go of it... " 

Namjoon nodded-different emotions lingering through his being.

If only it's that easy...

If only it doesn't break his already broken heart.

If only....Just if...

Afterall, letting go...

It's easier said than done.

" What if I don't want to let go? " Namjoon turned his gaze to Jin.

" If it feels like losing yourself, do it. If it hurts you in more ways than you could ever fathom, let it go. " Jin slowly said-his voice was clear but the tornado of feelings inside him is messing him up. 

He somehow felt like he understood what Namjoon is referring to just by looking at the latter's pair of orbs. He wondered, is it really just a thing? 

" I don't want to... " Namjoon whispered to himself. 

It was 10 oclock. 

Under the stars. In front of the blinding lights of the magnificent city. 

Two lost souls sitting side by side-wanting to have their questions answered. 

Totally unaware of the cold breeze.

Will they be able to know the truth?

A/N: Hi! Sorry for the extremely late update. I had a qualifying exam for the past few weeks. Guess what? I passed the said exam and am officially a student of the 11th grade Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). 

Something fishy going on between Namjoon and Jin.

Who  could be the person Namjoon is referring to?

I've been dropping hints about this since Hobi first appeared. Lmao.

Feel free to drop your thoughts about this story. Don't forget to vote too!