forty-nine.

I barely have time to respond before there's a banging at the door, grabbing my attention immediately as it seems Luke and I can never have a moment of peace.

Luckily, the door is locked so it gives me a moment to quite literally run towards my shirt and throw it on before someone makes their way in and recognizes a familiar substance painted all over my chest.

Luke hesitates, seeming to wait until I'm ready as he buttons his pants and runs his hand through his hair in a frantic manner.

God, I only hope this doesn't make us look sketchy as we're taking our damn time to answer the door.

"Hemmings!" the familiar voice of Calum calls on the other side, once again banging on the door. "I know you're in there."

"Mother fucker," Luke mutters to himself, not seeming to appreciate his friend's presence.

I put the shirt back on, fixing my own hair that had been balled in Luke's fist just moments ago. I'm sure I look a mess but I can only hope Calum will remain oblivious to it.

There's no way he'd assume what we were just doing, right?

Regardless of his reluctance, Luke makes his way towards the door, unlocking it with a swift grip and tugging it open showing nothing but annoyance in his features.

I immediately catch sight of Calum who looks relieved that Luke finally answered the door. His eyes drift off towards me, not remaining there for long before he looks back to Luke.

"Took you long enough," he says, allowing himself entry as he pushes past Luke and steps into the office. "Why the hell was the door locked?"

"Because I'm trying to attend to Lila's wrist right now and I don't have time for people barging in here," Luke says, shutting the door behind him. "I need her back in training asap."

Calum looks to me, as if wanting to catch sight of the injury.

"How's it feel?" he asks.

"I'll survive."

"Good, because we still have lots of gun training. Can't have you out for the count," he says to me, raising his eyebrows in an attempt to be stern but I know he's just messing around.

I nod my head, "Wouldn't dream of missing it."

Calum is pleased by my response, luckily not pushing the subject further as I know my wrist is fine and I'm just thankful he's not asking to see it. I don't know how I could fake a wrist injury when it looks perfectly normal.

"Care to share what was so urgent that you had to come barging in here?" Luke steps in, clearly not wanting to stick around for the small talk.

Calum takes a seat at one of Luke's chair in the office, making himself comfortable as Luke doesn't take his eyes off of him for a moment.

"I just wanted to discuss our visitor who's coming by this evening," Calum says, his gaze turning to me for a brief moment, but it being impossible to miss as he turns away just as quickly. "I don't know if you want to discuss it here or..."

And I can tell Luke absolutely doesn't want to discuss it here.

He shoots Calum a look, as if reprimanding him for mentioning it in front of me which only leaves me wildly confused. I understand that there are things I can and can't know and this seems to be one of them.

I just hate knowing that there's something going on that I don't know about.

"Did you tell Ashton to come?" Luke asks, confusing me further.