Chapter 43

I wake up just as we are landing. Once the plane is on the ground, I grab my phone and text Cam like I said I would.

Me: we just landed! Finally no more planes!

I almost immediately got a text back.

Cameron 💕: okay! Thanks! I miss you already!

Me: I miss you too!

I couldn't help but put my phone away and smile to myself. Nash noticed and gave me a confused look. I looked over at him and quickly turned away and stood up. I grabbed my carry on bag and got out of the way of the aisle so Hayes and Nash could get out. They got their bags and we walked off the plane and into the airport. We all wanted to get home as soon as possible and see Sky, Mom, Dad, Nila, and John.

We made our way to the baggage claim and got our bags. We tried to get through security as soon as possible before any fans could sight any of us. Once we got outside, I noticed how much colder it was here than in California. The cool Carolina morning breeze hit my face as I took in the fresh air. We got to the car and threw all our bags in the back. I quickly hopped in shotgun before Hayes could even call it. Nash got in the car and we drove out of the parking lot.

____________________

We drove to our moms house quite fast. As soon as we got there we jumped out of the car and got to the front door. We walked in, it was unlocked because Nash told mom we were coming. As soon as the door opened Sky came running in. She jumped up on me.

I let out a noise as she hit my stomach and quickly caught her.

"Hey Sky! I missed you too!" I say. She looks up at me with her arms and legs still tightly wrapped around me.

"How was cowifornia?" She says.

"It was great!" I say, "but I missed my little Sky!" I say hugging her tighter.

"So where's our love?" Hayes says jokingly as I let Sky down and she runs over to Nash.

"Oooooooh. Ouch." Nash says to Hayes as he puts a hand over his heart pretending to be hurt.

"I missed you Nashyyyy!" Sky says as Nash rocks her back and forth. Nash puts her down and she runs to Hayes.

"There she iss!" He says picking her up and throwing her into the air. Sky lets out a giggle and mom and John walk into the kitchen. I go over and hug mom.

"Hey Paige! How was Magcon?"

"It was amazing!" I say as Nash speaks up.

"Do you guys know she perfo-" I elbow his stomach and he shuts up. I shoot mom a smile and turn and glare at Nash. He puts his hands up.

"I just figured they should know." He whispers in my ear. "It's not like it's much of a secret now."

"Fine." I say.

"She even got up on the stage and performed!" Hayes says as he throws Sky in the air for like the tenth time.

"Paige?! That's wonderful! I didn't know my little girl could sing?!" Mom says in surprise.

"She kept it on the DL." Nash says.

"DL? What's that?" My mom asks. I mentally facepalm myself.

"It stands for down low, Mom." I say laughing. Nash laughs.

"Oh you kids and your silly acronyms. I can't keep up." She says throwing her arms in the air.

"Yeah, she kept it from everyone, but she's really good!" Nash says.