Epilogue

Marinette was sitting on her chaise, waiting for a certain alley cat to arrive at her room for the movie night they had planned. She was staring at the blood red ruby pendant on the necklace she was currently wearing. She took it on her palm, gently caressing it with her thumb. It reminded of their first date three weeks ago.

~Three weeks ago~

Ladybug had reached the top of the Eiffel Tower, where she was supposed to meet her crime fighting partner and now boyfriend, Chat Noir. She had a wrapped package in her hand and was searching for the hero in black.

"Boo!"

She turned around to find Chat Noir, smiling at her.

"I have a surprise for you Bugaboo. Are you ready?"

"Surprise? What surprise?"

"It is called a surprise for a reason M'lady. Be patient. What is that in your hand?"

"Surprise kitty, surprise."

"What's in that? Come on, tell me please. Is it croissant?"

"It is called a surprise for a reason kitty-cat."

"Touché."

Chat took her hand in his and led her to the other side of the tower. There was a blanket laid on the floor with a ice-cream kept on it.

"Well, I thought we could have our first date today. I was too excited to see you again and couldn't wait longer. I didn't have much time to make special arrangements for a special lady like you. I had to keep it simple. I am sorry for that. I promise that I will plan something grander..."

"Adrien, you are rambling."

She stood on her toes and kissed him passionately. She tried to convey through the kiss that she loved it and wanted nothing more as long as he was there in it.

"This is beautiful, magnificent actually. Thank you so much for arranging all this. It is the feeling and effort that matters, not the grandeur. I love it this way. But I love you more."

They stared into each other's eyes fondly while wrapping their arms around the other's waist. Adrien could have drowned in those ocean blue eyes- he would be the happiest man if he could die that way. Marinette could be lost in those dark green forest eyes and never be rescued from there.

"I brought us an ice-cream from Andre. Let's eat that before it melts."

They sat on the mat and shared the ice-cream sundae comprising a scoop each of strawberry, cherry and mint with chocolate-chips, while looking at the city of love. Couples were walking on the sidewalks, chatting, holding hands, hugging or smouching. Love is in the air tonight.

"You know, I actually bought a gift for you or rather Chat Noir, well before our identity reveal that is. Here take this."

Marinette handed the brown paper wrapped object to Adrien. Adrien ripped open the wrapping paper to reveal a snow-globe.

"I thought of buying you some kind of a token gift to commemorate our friendship and partnership. When I saw it in the gift store and noticed the black little kitten sleeping on the girl's lap, it just reminded me of you. Do you like it?"

"I love it. Thank you so much."

Adrien kept shaking the globe to see the glitter fall down every time.

Marinette cleared her throat to grab his attention.

"Sorry M'lady. I have something for you too."

Chat searched his pockets to find something. When he did find it, he left a sigh of relief and sat on his knees behind her.

"Close your eyes bugaboo. No peeking."

"Oh come on! It is something that you would do. You should be careful at those times because curiosity kills the cat and I don't want to lose my cat."

"You are right but still don't do it."

Ladybug was sitting perfectly still, waiting for him to do something. She felt his gloved claw moving her hair (which was down) to one side. Something cold touched her neck and then she heard a click sound. Must be a necklace, she thought.

"Open your eyes."

She opened her eyelids to see a red ruby resting on the front of her throat. It was a round shaped gem, as red as her suit and as big as a pebble.

"It is gorgeous, thank you so much kitty."

Marinette turned around and squeezed him. This cat would be the death of her.

They spent the rest of their time stargazing, cuddling and yes, making silly puns and haikus.

It was the best first date ever for both of them.

**********

(Back to the present time)

It has been three weeks since and they have gone on more dates and romantic walks. Thankfully, no one saw them. Sometimes they would even steal a kiss during patrols. You can't blame two people in love.

Adrien and Marinette had planned to have a movie night tonight, after they were done patrolling. Chat had gone to get a tub of popcorn and while Ladybug returned to her room and de-transformed. She had already brought them eclairs and croissants and had set-up the movie they were going to watch but where was her boyfriend.

A thud sound came from Marinette's bed. Finally!

Chat Noir climbed down the ladder and put the popcorn bucket on her desk.

"Plagg, claws in."

"I am tired. Yum, cheese popcorn" and Plagg dived into the cheesy delight.

Tikki, who was munching on a macaron, just shook her head.

Marinette folded her arms and stood in front of Adrien.

"What took you so long?"

"Err, the classic popcorn was not available anywhere. After searching all the places, I finally came back to the first place to buy the cheese-flavoured ones."

"You wandered about whole Paris just for a tub of classic flavoured popcorns! You are unbelievable Adrien." Marinette facepalmed. Her boyfriend was a dork, there was no doubt about that.

"Well I love those the most and it wasn't there so..." Adrien scratched his neck.

"Fine, whatever. Sit down. I am starting the movie."

Marinette started Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, no one could resist a Harry Potter movie marathon. Adrien placed his head on Marinette's lap while she ran her fingers through his soft blond locks.

During the middle of the movie, when Marinette grabbed the popcorn tub she found Plagg sitting inside the empty bucket, who on seeing her, let out a loud burp.

"It was delicious."

Marinette couldn't stifle her amusement. She burst out into a full-blown laughter. Adrien straightened up to see what happened and after realizing what made Marinette laugh, he joined her too.

When they turned towards the plate that was supposed to have the pastries, they saw Tikki licking off the last bit of cream from the éclair. On seeing everyone staring at her, she just gave them a guilty smile.

This caused them to hoot again.

**********

Two movies later, Adrien had fallen asleep while the kwamis were catching up somewhere in the room.

Marinette stared at Adrien's sleeping countenance. He looked peaceful in his sleep. She patted his head, kissed his cheek and laid down beside him. She could get used to this.

This was the beginning of a new chapter of her life and no matter what, they would stick together and never leave each other's side. They were the yin-yang and they could be nothing without each other.

**********