Chapter 1

Five years had already passed since the day Marinette had received the Ladybug miraculous, which granted the power of creation. She had found the earrings in a wooden box, embellished with a red design of the Chinese zodiac symbols, kept on her desk at home. How it reached there and who had left it-she had no answers to those questions at that time. Rather out of curiosity, she had opened its lid and was temporarily blinded by a bright dazzle. A tiny floating bug like creature materialized in front of her and when it greeted her by her name, she lost her sanity for a moment. Throwing everything at hand towards the flying 'bug-mouse', she tried to scare it away. When she had finally captured her in a jar did she regain her calm. Tikki, the kwami, started explaining everything to her, her powers, abilities and why she was chosen. Since then, she has been the saviour of Paris, Ladybug.

Five years had already passed since the day Adrien started being Chat Noir, the superhero of Paris, thanks to his kwami of destruction- Plagg. It was the day when Adrien decided to go to public school even against his father's wishes. Natalie and his bodyguard had caught him on his first attempt but finally he had managed to do what he had wanted deep down. Fourteen years of isolation had made him lonely and he really wanted to make friends of his own. Sure he had Chloe but then their friendship was formed due to their families, not by his own efforts. Plagg became his key to freedom, because he could transform into his hero persona and save his city. Plagg was his genie in a magic lamp, fulfilling his dream, though he came out of a wooden container rather than an oily old lamp.

It has been five years of Ladybug and Chat Noir fighting Hawk Moth, rather Shadow Moth now, the terrorist of Paris who akumatized unsuspecting victims when they were at their worst. He manipulated their emotions to get his work done- gaining the two powerful miraculouses of the ladybug and the black cat. The duo, thanks to their amazing partnership, has been able to defeat all those villains and rescue them till now.

Over these years, Ladybug and Chat Noir's dynamic has grown stronger and more co-ordinated. A lot has happened but they had managed to overcome all those obstructions in their partnership and have emerged sturdier. A lot has changed between them making them closer, even Chat's love for his lady which has just grown deeper and deeper.

Looking at the present, our superheroes are involved in an akuma battle. The villain, who called himself Fistmele, was shooting arrows everywhere.

"They said I was a no talent. I will show them who the master archer is."

"Hey, you don't know how to shoot arrows. See you can't even hit your target. You should bow down to the ultra-charming cat in a black suit. I could just shoot you with my irresistible charm you know."

"Shut up you mangy cat. I will show you what I have got."

Chat whirled his baton to shield the attack of the incoming shower of arrows. With a smug he cried out, "Cat got your tongue arr-oooooooo man? Can't beat meow?"

Ladybug scoffed at her partner's terrible puns. Though she told him his sense of humour was repulsive, she actually secretly liked it and he knew it too.

She was trying to determine what to do with the lucky charm which was nothing but a bag of flour. She was a baker alright but why should that matter now. She understood what the plan was.

"Chat over here."

She passed the sack to him and they had a silent conversation about what to do next. They had mastered this way of understanding each other's body language and eye signals.

When Fistmele was about to shoot towards them, Chat emptied the flour on the villain, causing his vision to be blurred. Unfortunately, the arrow hit Ladybug's stomach.

"Oww."

The villain was distracted, this was the chance to capture his akuma. Seeing the heroine in pain, Chat wanted to help her but she told him destroy the object and release the evilized butterfly. Complying by her orders, he did so and brought the butterfly to her. Ladybug de-evilized the akuma and threw the sack into the air calling out her iconic "Miraculous Ladybug". A swarm of ladybugs swept around the city and repaired all the damages caused. Chat Noir went to her and said, "M'lady, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fi-OUCH!"

"No you are not. There is blood all over your suit!"

Ladybug's suit was different from the one she had 2 years ago. It was not a tight body suit anymore. It was similar to Rena Rouge's suit but with a chain down the front. In winter, there was a thick jacket on top of the suit. In summer, there was no jacket.

Chat Noir's summer suit was same as before, but now he had a fluffy jacket in winter.

Even though Ladybug's suit was red, the blood on it could be seen clearly. Chat Noir's face was an epitome of concern and fear. He loved her with his every fibre and seeing her like this caused him agony too. He wanted to help her and share her ache rather than just doing nothing.

"M'lady, I think I should bandage your wound as fast as possible."

Ladybug's earrings beeped. She had two minutes before she transformed back. Chat Noir did not have to use his 'cataclysm' for this akuma battle.

"I am going to detransform soon and I can't risk revealing myself."

"Fine. I am going to get bandages while you bandage your wounds."

Lifting her gently as if she were a fragile china doll, Chat placed her on the ground in a deserted alley.

"You can de-transform here. Let me bring the stuff. I will be there if you need anything."

"Okay kitty."

Chat went to the pharmacy while Ladybug de-transformed there.

Chat got some bandages, medicines and ointments. Closing his lids, he estimated where her hand would be and kept everything there.

He would have dwelled on the fact how soft her hands felt even against his gloved ones if she wasn't in discomfort.

Marinette bandaged her injuries and fed Tikki. She transformed into Ladybug and came out of the alley. All the while Chat Noir was standing there, distressed.

"Feeling better Bugaboo?" Chat asked. His gentleness and worry were laced in the words as clear as a crystal.

"Hundred times better. Thanks kitty." She felt herself smiling at her partner's apprehension for her well-being despite her situation.

"Are you sure you can go back to your house."

"Oh come on silly cat I can go by myself. You worry too much. Bug out."

Chat stood there for sometime, watching the love of his life swing away. She is truly miraculous. He would always love her and he really wished she fell for him too some day. A guy can only hope.