Chapter 3

"Wake up Marinette."

A warm fluffy thing was poking her cheek.

"Please let me sleep for 5 more minutes Tikki."

"And be late to school again? Not happening Marinette."

"Please only 5 mo-, zzzzz......."

"You leave me no choice Marinette."

Tikki poured a glass of water on her face. The sudden splash of water made her jolt up and wipe her face. All signs of drowsiness vanished from her face.

"Oh my gosh Tikki, I swear..."

"Have you even checked your alarm... only 20 minutes left for school to start."

"Holy macaron! I will be late again."

**********

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng"

Miss Bustier looked over at Marinette's usual place beside Alya and sighed. Marinette was a good student, with excellent academic records, an unparalleled talent at designing and not to mention she is the class representative. However, the only complaint about her was her tardiness.

Miss Bustier was about to call out the name of the next student, when the afore mentioned girl pushed the door open and fell flat on her face on the ground.

"Present Miss Bustier."

Marking her as present, the teacher went on with the roll call. Marinette sheepishly occupied her usual seat and emitted a small "ouch".

"What happened girl?"

"Wound on the stomach."

"How?"

She mouthed a "later" to her friend.

Alya knew about her being Ladybug so it wasn't really hard to explain to her what had happened. The situation right now wasn't great for the details because as they say, walls have ears too.

Adrien turned around to face Marinette. He gave her a sweet smile and waved at her. A blush crept up her neck as she greeted him back but her face twisted in pain.

"Are you okay Marinette?"

"Just peachy."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am. Don't worry, I am perfectly okay."

**********

Miss Bustier clapped her hands to gain her students' attention.

"May I have your full attention students? I have an important announcement to make. As this is your last year in school, we are arranging a 4 day trip to the French Alps scheduled for next week. We would depart on the Monday of the following week. Our train is going to depart from the station at 10 am. I will hand out the consent forms that must be signed by your parents."

All the students were excited, especially Alix and Kim who were doing some weird dance. The lunch bell rang and all the teenagers left their classroom.

**********

"So first tell me about the wound. How bad is it?"

Marinette lifted her shirt to show her the gash.

"It looks terrible. Oh dear, did you have painkillers?"

"Yes. I got hurt yesterday while fighting the akuma."

"How did you come back? Don't tell me you skipped across buildings in that state."

Marinette gave her a guilty smile which caused Alya to facepalm herself.

"Seriously, girl. You are a great hero and really brave and smart and stuff, but you need to take care of yourself too. Why didn't you tell Chat to drop you somewhere near your house?"

"You know we must keep our identities a secret from each other and I can't give him even a miniscule hint about my real identity. What if he connected the dots that I am Marinette by telling him to drop me near the Dupain-Cheng bakery? Besides, he did a lot for me. He brought me the first aid. He offered his help but I refused it. I can't disturb him with my pains and worries."

"Well, he is your partner after all. It is natural for him to want to help you. He loves you and really cares for you. And, I don't see the harm in revealing yourselves to each..."

"I told you we can't. Shadowmoth is after our miraculouses. If we know who the other is, then when Shadowmoth gets hold of one of our miraculous he would be able to steal the other easily. The biggest reason is Chat Blanc though. He said that our love had done that to the world."

"Are you sure that was the reason why he was akumatized? If you two were in love as he said, there would be no reason for you to break his heart which would cause him to be akumatized. I think there might be some other reason. Love only strengthens a bond, not weaken it. The power of love would make you two solider, not break you. Just think about it."

Marinette only sighed. Her words made some sense.

"Come on girl, cheer up. Should I apply some ointment on it?"

"Yeah sure, thanks Alya."

"No problem, Mari."

Alya brought up the topic of the trip while tending to her injury.

"So, aren't you excited about the trip?"

"Oh yes Als."

"I can't wait for the week to end. Imagine walking through snowy paths and skiing down the Alpine slopes. It would be so awesome."

Her bestie's excitement was infectious as Marinette started to giggle too at the idea of spending a few days with her friends in the beautiful Alps.