Chapter 4

(Marinette's outfit above)

The miraculous ladybugs might not have healed the gash instantaneously but it surely had speed up the healing rate. In three days, all the pain was wiped off and the slash was next to invisible. The news had made Chat really happy.

"Phew, I am so glad to know that you are completely restored M'lady. I was really worried for you. I feel relieved now. Now I can definitely do this with nothing holding me back."

"What?"

"This", and Chat hoisted her up in the air, twirling her around on a roof in the winter night.

Ladybug couldn't help but laugh. Though her head was reeling, it felt so great and she felt free.

"Come on kitty, stop it" but who listens to whom. Chat spun her a few more times before dropping her and enveloping her in a bear hug.

Ladybug's ear was near his chest and she could hear his drumming heartbeat.

"You really don't know how much it pained me to see you in that state. I wished it was me who got hurt and who was bearing that ache."

Ladybug pushed Chat and glared at him. Her intimidating posture scared him a bit but he couldn't resist whispering "cute".

Ladybug poked his chest while asking him, "Who is the one to always sacrifice himself during battles? Whom do I have to see getting hurt everytime?"

"Guilty as charged M'lady!"

"Do you think I like to see you getting wounded everytime?" With a hint of frustration in her voice. "You are not just my partner Chat Noir, you are my friend and I cannot imagine losing a friend."

"I understand bugaboo."

Ladybug stepped back and looked at her partner.

"Oh, I had to tell you something. I would be out of station for a few days next week. Can you manage saving Paris without me for those days?"

"Uhh, I would be gone too. I came to say that to you, you know, actually. I don't want to break your trust again so I am saying it beforehand. I am really sorry Ladybug."

"Hmm, don't worry. We have our power-ups. Any danger here and we will fly back to Paris to save the day as we always do kitty-cat."

"As always."

The two of them gave each other trusting grin. They would always have each other's back.

**********

(Marinette's POV)

~Next Monday~

I am on top of the Alps, with no one but Adrien by my side. Suddenly he faces me and gives me a charming smirk. Ugh, he is so adorable and devilishly handsome. With one smile of his, I am about to melt at his feet. Out of nowhere, a red rose appeared in my hand. Wow, I could summon my lucky charm even without the costume. I knelt down in front of him and said, "Adrien, I love you. I have been in love with you since the moment you offered me your umbrella three years ago."

He held my hands and said,"I love you too."

I got up and was about to close the distance between us. One step, two steps, ...

Rrrrrriiinnnnnggggg....

"I am going to kill ..."

I jerked up from my bed, frustrated at whoever woke me up from a deep slumber and such a beautiful dream.

Tikki fell down from my abrupt motion and flew up to pat my head.

"Tikki, I feel like destroying this alarm clock. It stole my sanity and my reverie."

"Come on Marinette, aren't you supposed to go on a trip?"

"Yeah yeah, I am waking up."

I get up and stretch my arms and legs. Crack

I get down the ladder to go to my washroom.

By the time the clock showed 6.30 am, I was almost done freshening up. Wearing an overlarge hoodie and shorts for the time being, I was waiting for Alya.

I had my breakfast which consisted of blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.The doorbell rang just as I was drying my dish. Here comes Alya.

Mari- Hi Als

Alya- Good morning girl.

Mari- Did you have your breakfast?

Alya- Of course

Mari- Okay then. I say we should get into packing the stuff as soon as possible.

Alya- Okie dokie

We went upstairs to my room.

Alya- Okay.I suggest you to wear this outfit. Adrien's eyes would be glued on you.

After 20 minutes............

Alya- Take these for the vacation.

Mari- Tysm Alya! You are the best.

Alya- No you are. You are really amazing Marinette. It is dangerous to be Ladybug but you still smile all the time and face the dangers in your way. You are our idol and we love you.

Mari- Aww! Thanks Als. I love you too!

I was almost on the verge of happy tears. I am really lucky to have a best friend like Alya by my side.

Alya- I love you too bestie!

Holding the embrace for a minute more, we finally separated and finished packing everything.

"Now go get ready", said Alya.

Managing to get dressed, I went downstairs with Alya.

"How about we pack some baked goodies for the journey?"

"Sure thing", Alya replied with a smile.

I packed 6 croissants, 6 macarons, 1 loaf of bread, a container each of butter, cheese, sugar, honey and chocolate spread along with maple syrup and brownies.

"That would be enough for everyone, wouldn't it?"

Alya told me that that would be more than enough. Wasting no more time, we headed on our way to the station.