S1: Chapter Nine: The Days We Will Miss

Start from the beginning

Wooshik who was outside his doorway heard yelling and began to frantically take out his keys and open the door. "Junghoon-ah!?" He screamed busting through the door. His eyes widened as he saw Junghoon on the flour crying out in pain. "What are you doing?!"

Wooshik ran over to Junghoon grabbing his shoulders and getting him back in a seated position. "What are you doing off your bed? You shouldn't be up!" Wooshik yelled running over to make sure he wasn't badly hurt as it was a bit of a fall.

"Jesus, you scared the crap out of me" Wooshik sighed in relief, as he walked over to Junghoon. Before he could say anything else, Junghoon suddenly latched onto his leg. "What the--?"

"Wooshik whats going with the treatments?! The prosthetics?!" Junghoon asked, his eyes were panicked and he was sweating profusely. Wooshik was in complete shock seeing his friend like this. "Tell me! TELL ME!"

"Hold on, let me get you off the floor" Wooshik said, prying his arms away from his hands, which wasn't too hard. Wooshik lifted Junghoon off the floor, in his head he was telling himself how light he was. "Has he been eating? He looks and feels so much skinnier and lighter..."

Wooshik helped Junghoon back into his wheel chair, and his body just slumped inside of it. "Let's get you back to bed, and get you something to eat" Wooshik said, with Junghoon not responding. While moving back to his bed, Wooshik looked at this night stand and saw his antidepressants sprawled out. After putting Junghoon in his bed, he quickly cleaned up the night stand, and placed the pills back into the drawer.

"How many did he take?" He wondered. He hated seeing his teammate like this. A man who was at the tip of his career. A great solider, husband, and friend. All gone after he stepped on an IED, blowing his legs, and shattering his right arm. His wife left him during his tour, after being away for 2 years, leaving without a notice. Not able to return to the job that he loves, and whats even worse. He can't find a job given his medical status and inability to stand.

"Wooshik... Please... Please tell me they're still continuing the project?" Junghoon suddenly looked like was going to cry. The mood change between anger and sadness was quick, Wooshik assumed it was because of the amount of drugs he took. "I can't live like this man... Look at me!" He yelled pointing at his legs.

"I can't stand, I can barely get out of my bed. I always have to ask my neighbours to go to the wash room! I can't even bathe myself properly man!" Junghoon started to just lay it all out. Wooshik could only listen as the news he had received would only break and tear him apart.

"I need them... I need them, I need them..." Junghoon clutched his head as if he had a major migraine. His words sounding like he was sobbing, mixed with anger and confusion. 

"Junghoon, just try to sleep for today okay? I'll talk to you tomorrow" Wooshik said gently patting his back, hoping it would calm him.

"Sleep... Sleep... Yeah, sleep... Sleep will help. Sleep, sleep..." He trailed off, laying back down on his bed. Wooshik sighed quietly, thankful that Junghoon seemed to be tired. The former solider looks around and felt pity for his comrade. He rose up slowly from beside his bed and began walking into the living and kitchen, cleaning up the place.

"He has people looking after him, but never calls them up huh?" Wooshik said, cleaning the dishes whilst looking at the amount of take out his friend had. "Still the type of guy to not ask for help... You're not a soldier anymore Junghoon, just like me... You'll need all the help you can get..."

With those words spoken, Wooshik clenched his fist, the prosthetic on his arm almost crushing the plate in hand. "Even though help is far from what we'll get..."