Chapter 11 - Misunderstanding

(Timeskip 5 months)

Y/N POV

(This is you and your groups outfit for your debut, but instead of the gang names on the back, it's your group name ACE, and your logo ♠️)

The past 5 months have been eventful for me, our practice became harder and our schedule became more hectic, we worked with 3racha in making the songs for our b-sides

The past 5 months have been eventful for me, our practice became harder and our schedule became more hectic, we worked with 3racha in making the songs for our b-sides. I also continued my private lessons with Yeji in both dancing and singing, and nothing "intimate" happened like last time and we basically forget about it.

It was hard but we managed to pull through.

When our photo teasers was released, we were all so nervous, but we managed to get alot of fans really quickly, and the support from them was overwhelming to say the least. We have also released the music video to our title track, Worst Generation, it garnered alot of attention and got 18 million views in 24 hours.

Finally here we are, our debut stage, it's MAMA 2021, I've never thought I would be standing in such a grand stage like this one, my heart was beating fast as I was filled with both excitement and nervousness, I looked at my groupmates and it looks like they feel the same, good thing our hyungs, Jake and Hyojin are always trying to cheer us up, the atmosphere around us became lighter as we got loose and relaxed, but being the maknae, I was still kind of nervous so I went to the bathroom.

Y/N: Hyung can I go to the toilet real quick?

Jake: Sure kid but don't take too long alright? After Enhypen, we're next

Y/N: I'll be quick hyung

I walked away our seat and went to the comfort room, I took a pee and washed my hands, I'm still shaking from excitement and still can't believe I'm here. I dried my hands and went out the comfort room when I bumped into Ryujin noona.

Y/N: Ohh I'm sorry noona I didn't mean to bump into you

Ryujin: It's alright, I should've looked where I'm going, by the way, congratulations on your debut

Y/N: Thank you noona, it's hard but we managed to pull through and do well

Ryujin: Don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon, good luck on your debut stage alright?

Y/N: Thank you noona, I promise we'll do great

Ryujin pulled me into a hug, I was surprised at first but hugged her back after a second, we pulled back and smiled at each other when i noticed something in the side of her nose

Y/N: Noona there's something on your face

Thrid person POV

Y/N cupped Ryujin face, bent down and pulled her closer to see it clearer, their faces are only inches away from each other but they didn't really mind since they knew there was nothing behind it, Y/N removed the small speck of dust on Ryujin's face before pulling back.

Y/N: Ohh, it's just dust

Ryujin: Thanks Y/N, I'm gonna go now, see you later, good luck on your performance again

They hugged each other once more before waving at each other, they've gotten closer with each for the past 5 months too and are basically best friends at this point, but a certain someone misunderstood the whole thing.

???: Ohh, it looks like I'm too late, it seems like he's with Ryujin now, and I was just planning to confess to him

Y/N POV

Y/N: Hyung I just got back, sorry if I took too long

Jake: You're just in time, let's get ready now

We put our fist together, and shouted A.C.E FIGHTING! Before making our way back stage, there we met Enhypen who had just finished their performance, we vowed and congratulated them. They gave us some words of encouragement and wished us good luck. Finally it's our time to perform, when we went to the stage, It seems like all the weight on our shoulders was removed, this is what we've been waiting for, let's give the fans a show.

We performed our song and it looks like all of us are in the zone, as the crowd cheered for us while occasionally screaming for the parts where we do extreme stuff like flips and head stands, not only were the fans amazed, some idols are shown with thier mouths agape too, Straykids, ITZY and Twice are all cheering for us, the end of our song was nearing, which means it's about to come, I'll be thrown by Jaehyun and Hyojin hyung do a backflip and then land on one knee for our grand finale, I was scared but we managed to do it and it was a success, everyone was amazed and Straykids was even seen on the big screen jumping around and screaming. And this ofcourse, became a meme, just like everything Straykids does..

Then the lights turned dim, the other idols and fans were confused, but we planned this, we're gonna be performing one our b-sides too, titled Supernova, we removed our jackets to revealing our toned arms and bodies in a tank top, squeals filled the venue and even some idols are flustered, we managed to do great in that too, after we finished our performance, we're greeted by NCT Dream sunbaemin in the backstage and they congratulated us, we bowed and thanked them before going back to our seats, we're sat next to ITZY and below us are Straykids and Twice, they congratulated us and Ryujin gave me a high five when I passed her, I smiled at Yeji and she smiled back but something feels off about her, I'll just talk to her later about it.

Third person POV

ACE did one of the best performances of the night even outshining some of their seniors, this caused their fanbase to grow even more. They won Song of the year and Rookie of the year that night which put their status even higher.

They all went home at the end of the event and started resting, but someone was still bothered by Ryujin and Y/N's interactions.

After they arrived at their dorms, the members of ITZY all went to bed except for Yeji, who just sat at the couch staring into space still trying to process about what she saw earlier.

Yeji POV

Are those two really dating? I'm pretty sure I saw them kiss and hug each other earlier, and after their performance, he greeted Ryujin first, I shouldn't really feel jealous since we're just friends but I can't help it, I really like Y/N, and seeing him with another girl, let alone my friend really made me sad.

Suddenly Ryujin called me and started waving her hand on my face.

Ryujin: Unnie, is something wrong? You know you can talk to me right?

Yeji: It's nothing, I'm just tired, let's go to sleep now

Ryujin: Alright unnie good night

Yeji: Sleep well

Seeing Ryujin made me even more jealous, but if they're dating, that means I have no more chance with Y/N, as much as I don't want to do this, I might have to distance myself from him so I can move on.

I started getting drowsy so I went straight to my bedroom, once my body hit my bed, I started to drift into deep sleep, still filled with sadness and jealousy.

(A/N: I forgot that there's already a group with the name ace😭)