~Chapter 2~

Hello again! I hope you are enjoying so far, and if you are, maaaayyybe consider voting or commenting? No pressure, but I just love talking to you guys! And the votes...ok I still don't know what they do, but they are nice to receive :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kingdom continued to prosper and flourish. However, things took a sharp turn when a war broke out between Corinth and a rival kingdom. Life in the town continued as normal with little change. However, the king became anxious and paranoid that spies were hiding within the kingdom and were working against him: trying to learn his secrets and report them to the enemy. Despite the rational words of his queen, he was driven to the point of madness. He then made a royal decree that everyone in the kingdom was to undergo an interview to assess their loyalty to his majesty, and whomever he felt was suspicious or a traitor was to be banished from the kingdom...forever.

(In short: like 7-8 month time skip)

"Hey. Sap? Come on bud, it's time to get up" bad shook his son awake before going to a small chest of drawers to get sapnap's clothes.

Sapnap awoke to see his dad hastily running around his room. He was reluctant to wake up fully, but the tension in his dad's voice and actions caught his attention.

"Dad, what's wrong? Did something happen?" sapnap asked a little worried as he sat up

"Today is the day we talked about, remember? The day daddy gets interviewed" he responded a little shaky. He wanted to leave no room for misinterpretation of his loyalty, and did not want to chance being late.

Sapnap fell silent: his dad did explain it in simple terms to him, but for a kid his age it was still scary to think about the possibility of being banished. His dad put his clothes at the end of the bed, but stopped himself when he saw the look of fear all over his son's face.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry if I'm scaring you, I just want to make sure that the king knows how loyal I--we...how loyal we are to him. He is just scared right now and wants to make sure he can trust us, that's all" bad got down in front of sapnap, kneeling on the side of the bed.

"Scared? But he's a grown up" his fear turning to confusion

Bad shrugged "even grown ups get scared sometimes, and we all deal with it differently: this is just how the king is dealing with it" but he knew that the king was beyond scared now...and was nothing more than a paranoid shriveled husk of the once great monarch he used to be.

"Well...he can trust us! I'll fight off the bad guys and make them go home forever!!!" sapnap started to cheer up.

"I am sure he will be very glad to hear that. Now hurry and get dressed so we can get going: we have to beat the bad guys before they get to the castle!" bad joked as he left his bedroom.

"OH NO!" sapnap threw his blankets off and started to get ready. Once he was dressed, he raced out of his room and to the open front door where his father stood waiting. Once he was outside, bad shut the door and took his hand as they started their walk.

(time skip)

As they turned the long corner to reach the back of the castle, sapnap could see karl holding his moms hand. His eyes lit up and he let go of bad's hand, racing over to hug karl. Karl let go of his mom's hand and opened his arms as sapnap tackled him to the ground in a hug.

"Oh my goodness boys, you act like you haven't seen each other is years!" karl's mom said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Well it feels like years!" sapnap dramatically whined, getting off karl and helping him up.