017.

017. she sees the stars

CADIE WAS alive... somehow. if somebody asked her how she was alive right now? dude i don't know what to tell you, because fuck if she knew how she was still standing. to be honest cadie didn't know how she wasn't dead. she saw no boat to carry her to her judgement (which would probably land her in asphodel) and she saw no hades being all like: not another one dying. can people just not. she saw absolutely none of them. and personally she felt sorta ripped off. it was called a death song for a reason. so why... why was she feeling like she was breathing?

why did she feel like she was hearing people?

and why did she feel like she was being carried?

bits and pieces of what had just happened came into her mind as she felt herself being moved. she felt herself being lowered, like she was stepping off something big. a drop was felt and she felt her body move like she was almost dropped. but hands came back around her legs and her back. her head was on somebody's shoulders. and an air of... salt was around them.

she thought to herself, who smelt like that?

"i can carry her, if you want," a faint voice spoke. it sounded regal, dignified. cadei tried to remember who i belonged to... artemis? did they save her?

"no, i'll... i'll carry her," whispered another. she knew that voice, because of course she did. she'd heard it so many times... she knew it was-

"percy," she muttered.

she was nearly dropped again.

there was silence.

"i wasn't the only one to hear that, right?" he whispered, "i... that wasn't just me? it's not in my head, right?"

"no," whispered somebody else (lilly, she thinks). "not that's her. that's... i have some ambrosia- hold on. let me just-" there was a mad scramble, or at least that's what it sounded like. they were setting down somewhere now, waiting for something. something was nudged into her mouth, dissolving on her tongue and reminding her of her parents. "that should... that should help her."

"please, cadie," percy whispered, "please."

her eyes fluttered open, and she leaned onto something.

"it's a miracle," a regal voice (artemis, she guesses) said softly, "it's..." her voice trailed off, "i... see."

"you're alive," lilly said, laughing slightly as cadie sluggishly moved her head. "you're alive!"

"yeah," she managed, her voice hoarse, "i'm sorta confused about... that." she looked around (or as much as she could when she was being carried by... percy?) "what's happening? is everybody okay? why am i being carried by percy?"

"you died on us," percy explained, looking shaken but relieved, "you stopped moving... you were limp. you died..."

"i'm starting to think you're full of doing the impossible, diaz." thalia said, tears in her own eyes, "you really did give us a scare back there."

"heh," she said, slowly moving her arms, "that rhymes."

there was a beat of silence before annabeth snorted, "cadie's back."

"annabeth," frowned cadie, "oh- we saved you?" she gave a grin up to percy- too confused and possibly too much in shock from literally being revived to actually acknowledge he was carrying her (and by the way: did not seem like he was struggling). "we're cool like that, aren't we?"