Breakfast

"Why are we here so early?" I cribbed.

It was six in the morning. We were at the small library on one of the upper floors at the Bighit office. It was empty at this hour. Jungkook was leading me towards the back shelves.
"Trust me, it's worth it." He looked absolutely excited about something.

We were meeting after a whole week. The next day after Gapyeong, he'd gone halfway across the world with the band to promote their latest comeback. And I had got busy with a rookie group's shoots. Neither of us had had a moment's break until today.

"Wait." I told him.

He stopped and turned to me. I walked up to him, and lifted the hood of his jacket and placed it on his head. Then, I drew the string and tied it loosely. He stared at me with his eyes big.

"Relax." I said, laughing. I backed away. "That's it. That's all I wanted to do."

 But then he stepped close to me, and did the exact same thing with my hoodie. After tying the drawstring, he let his thumb trace the contour of my cheek. His hand was really warm. I felt myself blushing. He beamed.

"Come on," he said, taking hold of my shoulders.

We went all the way to the back, where one section of the wall was a giant glass window. I saw that the sky was a clear blue. Next to it were a couple of beanbags on the floor, and tables and chairs in pairs, meant for reading.

Today, one of the tables was covered in a cross-hatch tablecloth, the kind we used in picnic photos. On it lay the cutest breakfast spread in the world. Kimchi toast, pajeon - I think there was dakchuk too - and coffee. I looked at the food, and then at Jungkook, and back and forth between them a few times, speechless.

"Please don't tell me you got up at 4 or something to cook all this?"

He chuckled nervously. "I really would have - but I'm terrible at cooking, you know. Jin hyung made dakchuk, and the rest I got from the cafeteria. I promise I'll learn though and will make -"

I cut him off by surprising him with a kiss. "Shut up, ok. This is brilliant." I murmured in his ear.

Right then, the rising sun broke through the Seoul skyline and covered us both with its warmth. I wanted to hold in that moment forever, but we were hungry after all.

We ate everything, talking about our favorite dishes, music, everything random under the sun.

"Now what?" I asked, sitting back into my chair happily.

He shrugged, then asked, "do you like to read?"

"Oh I like to," I replied. I got up and went to the nearest shelf, "but I end up falling asleep after 10 pages no matter which book I pick up."

He laughed. "I can relate to that."

"Oooh except for this one." I held a copy of BonoBono in my hand.

"No way!"

I sat down on one of the beanbags. Jungkook came and sat close to my knees, on the floor. The sun rays fell obliquely on his hair and his face, lighting up his eyes. Eyes that were fixed on me, making me turn pink as usual. I slipped from the beanbag onto the floor, next to him.

"Oh. Hold on." Jungkook said, and dug into his pockets for something. He placed a little blue box in my lap, complete with a little white bow. I started to open it but he stopped me. "Open it at home."

"Bbbut-!" I protested.
"Yah! I went to a lot of trouble to buy that without anyone finding out on tour. Please, not here," he pleaded.

"Okay, don't worry, I'll open it at home," I gave in and added, "I don't know what it is, but thank you. And thank you for thinking of me when you had a million things on your mind already."

"It was really hard thinking about the million things when I had you on my mind the whole time." he replied.

I giggled. "Where's this smooth talk coming from?" I asked. He grinned in response.

"Nothing, just - I'm happy I guess," he added. He took the BonoBono manga from my hands and opened it.

Obviously, we didn't get past the tenth page. We talked more than we read, but both of us were so tired that we fell asleep, resting on a single beanbag. And on each other. My head on his shoulders. His head on my head. The sun was behind us, warm and peaceful.

I woke up with a start when I heard someone walk into the library. They were in the front so they couldn't see us thankfully.

"You stay here. I leave first. Then you go. Okay?" I whispered. Jungkook's eyes weren't fully open yet but he nodded. He looked so adorable like that, that I didn't want to leave. I made do by planting a kiss on his forehead, and snuck up towards the front shelves.

I spotted the librarian and waited for an opportunity - it came soon when she went out for something. I crept out behind her.

I was grinning foolishly, lost in memories of the morning just now while walking, when I crashed into Yuki.

"Whaa. Someone's having a great morning."

"I slept well." I shrugged.

"Enjoy the feeling while it lasts because Ahjumma wants to see you."

I dropped down from my seventh heaven onto the earth.

"Why? Now?"

"At 8. I was going to call you, good we met. Were you in the library?" he suddenly asked, noticing the direction I'd been coming from.

"No - Sunbae, I'll go to her office then - it's almost 8." I dodged the question.

"No, no, not her office. Meeting room on the 4th floor."

I dropped from the earth into the fourth level of hell.

"Meeting room?"

"What sin did you commit, hakseng?" Yuki asked, shaking his head ominously. He noticed the ghostly expression on my face and laughed. "Why do you look so guilty? It's probably something good. Relax."

"I-yeah." I forced a smile. "I'll go."

I couldn't shake off the terrible feeling. And it got worse when I opened the door of the meeting room. Ahjumma was sitting next to the most feared man in the building. Bang PD-nim. Bang Si-hyuk. The CEO. The floor dropped from under my feet.

{ A/N: Thank you oyukyfairy for adding my story to your reading list! Honestly made my day <3 }