Meet Cute

I was a fool. There was no denying it.

"Who started it?"

"Ahjumma, it's not like that." I protested.

Lying was no use in front of my boss, one of the many Creative Directors at BigHit. She bored her hawk eyes into my soul.

"It was him. You wouldn't dare."

It had been him. But could I excuse myself? When was it that I had known that I was in trouble? Was it that day in the library? Or was it in the recording studio when he had looked at me so intensely as if that one moment was all we'd ever had? Was it at the terrace when we'd spoken to each other for the first time?

No. I'd known it all along. From the beginning.

Idols were nothing exciting to me the day Ji Hyuk oppa had called me to stand in for him at the Run BTS shoot. He had sprained his ankle that morning. I had already been shooting product videos for BigHit for two years, while shooting music videos for independent artists. I had a good portfolio. Ji Hyuk oppa knew so - after all, he had trained me, and gotten me the job when I needed it the most.

He had given me simple advice that day, "Look professional, but don't look too good. You know how these things go. Unfortunately, you're not an old battle-worn fellow like me." Hearing that, I snorted.

I think I looked ordinary enough. But, just in case, I oiled my hair and tied it in a bun, and washed off my eyeliner. With my extra large black t-shirt, jeans and mask, I could've passed off as just another guy on the team.

The tiny cubicle I entered had Ji Hyuk oppa sitting back on the sofa with his left ankle wrapped in crepe bandage, and an intense looking Ahjumma sat on an office chair in the brightest pink floral top I had ever seen.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "did you starve?" I was somewhat taken aback. Of all the things I thought she'd say - and it was kind of true, I had skipped breakfast that morning.

I mumbled that fact out aloud. "Eat well," she barked, "you'll be running around all day. Ji Hyuk says you have it in you, and I believe him-," later I found out that she had scanned every inch of my portfolio beforehand, "-now there are three golden rules you must follow - one, don't talk to them, two, don't look at them, three, don't break these rules under any circumstances."

That was predictable. And for someone as desperate as me to keep her job thank you very much, very easy to follow.

Or so I thought.

"Ji Hyuk will show you around now," she concluded as I kept nodding in assent to everything she had said so far.

She had made me sign the contract right then and there. There was a non-disclosure agreement too - even though I was on their payroll, Run BTS was a different deal.

Ji Hyuk oppa wasted no time in making me drive all the way to a mall on the other side of the city - the shoot location.

"You're going to be great," he started enthusiastically, "they'll give you a camera there - I'll introduce you to the director PD-nim. He's a lot nice than your Ahjumma here. Are you nervous?"
"Oppa," I had to hold back laughter, "you sound more nervous than me."
"Ah - I just want you to make the most of this opportunity," he muttered.
"What if I'm so good that I end up replacing you permanently?" I asked.
"That would be a relief. I can't run behind that brat of a macknae anymore at my age!"

He looked seriously terrified at the thought of getting back to work. But I knew him more than that - he loved his job. Although, a less active position might be what he needed at this moment.

Introduction to the PD-nim was a ruse. There were barely five minutes left for the shoot to begin. Everyone was scrambling everywhere - checking gear, props, calling out if something was out of place. The entire mall had been shut for the shoot. I, too, was checking the settings on the 1Dx I had been handed over.

The most loved boy band in the world was standing a few feet away from me, and like the good girl that I was, I was not looking at them. Even my dead heart that had drowned in work and had become immune to anything remotely charming - beat faster. Of course, this was the biggest opportunity I had ever -

"Alright - we have a new cameraperson with us today as I sprained my ankle chasing after a certain someone." Ji Hyuk oppa called out over the chaos which came to a momentary standstill at his booming voice. Some people laughed. Including him. He chuckled, embarrassed. I don't remember what he said. I was trying too hard to not look at his face - and I had realized what Oppa was planning to do - I was not ready.

"Everyone, say hi to Y/N. She'll be replacing me today." Oppa pointed at me as he said so.

A very nice looking Ahjusshi shook my hand while I bowed in every direction, echoing the hi's and the annyeong's. The Ahjusshi was our Director PD-nim. The members cheered. I found myself warmly surprised. This was the most enthusiastic welcome I had ever received in my life. Before I knew it, Director PD-nim took me to him - we were still five feet apart.

"Ji Hyuka is Jungkook's cameraperson as he must have told you."

"Anyeonghaseo." I bowed without making eye contact.
"Anyeonghaseo." Jungkook bowed slightly in return. I almost looked at him then - no, his chest. He was about a foot taller than I was.

Yeah, all I had to do was not look up.

"You're our most important eyes on him, alright? Don't miss a shot." With that, Director PD was gone. He began to address the room. The shoot was about to begin. I suddenly smelt - lemongrass? The distance was three feet.

It was all I could smell as I ran after him all day. But I did look into his eyes. How could I not? Wide, excited, sleepless, innocent. They made me want to laugh with him. He was friends with the camera. And I was the eye of the camera, shooting everything like my life depended on it.

{A/N - Every time I see a female camera PDnim in one of the Run BTS episodes, I just can't help but imagine the possibilities! xD. If you enjoy this story then please vote vote vote and comment <3}