"Will you find out where he's going next?" The assassin pushed through the tears to ask while grabbing her sandwich and handing you half.

"Nat..." he tried talking her out of it.

"Please." She said again before he could protest.

"Okay." He agreed reluctantly before ending the call.

"Can you go check on the news?" Natasha turned to you, needing a moment alone to herself. With a nod and a small smile you stood to leave and check the news for any information that the others didn't inform you of.

"Hey kid" Steve nodded as you walked by him on your way into the hall. "Is Nat in there?" He pointed to the room you had just left.

"Yeah" you replied.

"Thanks" he waved you off.

"Hey y/n" Pietro joined you in your room as you watched the tv, Wandas bed next to yours, still left the same way as before she was turned to dust. "What are you watching?"

"The news. Natasha needed a moment" you explained the reasoning. "Steve's here too"

"That's good" he walked closer but paused as your tablet beeped from the bedside table. "What's that?"

"I don't believe it" you gasped at the sight on the screen. "Come on!" You called back to him, running down the hall towards the office where Natasha and Steve were. "You guys need to see this" you transferred the footage onto the screen upon bursting into the room.

"Oh! Hi. Hi! Is anyone home? This is Scott Lang. We met a few years ago, at the airport? In Germany? I got really big, and I had my mask on. You wouldn't recognize me." Scott talks from outside of the compound via hologram security footage.

"Is this an old message?" Steve stood up as you watched in shock still.

"It's the front gate." You answered while Natasha stood with hope.

"Ant-Man? Ant-Man, I know you know that. I need to talk to you guys." He continued to wave at the camera.

~~~

"Scott. Are you okay?" Steve pulls him back to reality as he paced back and forth mumbling to himself.

"I think he's gone crazy" Pietro commented in a whisper to you and you both stood side by side watching him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Scott rubs his face to wake himself up more and regain his focus. "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?" He turned to ask.

"Only to make conversation." Natasha claimed calmly as Steve looked to her in confusion, not knowing this about her.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." he struggles to find the right word to describe her. "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there." Scott explained.

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years." Natasha apologized to him.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours." Scott said, knowing it was strange and you all shared a glance. Looking to your brother with hope he had wrapped an arm around your shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." Scott rambled, grabbing Natashas forgotten sandwich form earlier and started eating it.

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asks with confusion over the whole reason of this topic.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos." Scott suggested.

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" Steve raised an eyebrow at the idea while you gave it more thought.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w... it's crazy." Scott sighed.

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Natasha reassured him casually as you stifled a laugh.

"So who do we talk to about this?"

"Do you think he'll help?" Steve asked Natasha without mentioning a name.

"It's worth a try" she nodded back. "You two stay here" Natasha ordered, getting ready to leave.

"What? We can come too" Pietro protested.

"This will only be a quick trip and I need someone to keep an eye on things here if a report comes in" she explained while gathering her things.

"Alright" you agreed before watching her Steve and Scott walk out to find someone who can help.

————————————————
Question if the day: what do you think of Y/n becoming close friends with Natasha?

Thank you all for 500 reads on this story! I hope you are all enjoying it and please don't forget to leave a comment or vote. Have a great day!