Chapter 1

"I guess this is goodbye

"I guess this is goodbye."
- Ana Sofia Martinez

"I'm going to make things right

"I'm going to make things right."
- Oscar "Spooky" Diaz

Soundtrack

Look After You - The Fray
   "You've begun to feel like home"

The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin
   "The power of love, a force from above"

Armor - Landon Austin
   "I lay down this armor for you"

Never Forget You - Zara Larsson, MNEK
   "I knew that I would love you 'til the day I die"

Infinity - Jaymes Young
   "Oh, darling, my soul, you know it aches for yours"

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood
   "Sweet little baby in a world full of pain"
   "Put me in the dirt, let me be with the stars"

      Sofia laid in her bed soundly. It was the first night where she felt completely content with everything. The Prophets were gone. Taken down by the marked bills and would likely spend a long time in jail. Ruby was safe, and so was Cesar. He could finally live at home without any threat of violence. Although, the only downside was Oscar could return to the regular life as a Santos. That meant secret calls and random meetings she couldn't be around for.

When they started dating, Sofia knew what she was signing up for. Still, it could be challenging. She hoped that since The Prophets were gone, things would become safer. For now, that small victory would be enough.

However, the peaceful night sleep would soon be disturbed. Ruby had come home stressed, startled, and freaking out. There was only one person he could get help from, Sofia. After finding his father sleeping on the bed next to him, he slipped out. Trying to be quiet, he made his way into Sofia's room.

His older sister was sleeping peacefully. Her lips parted, and hair covering the pillow. Ruby almost turned back but needed to talk to someone. Cesar and Jamal went straight to Oscar's for answers. But he didn't need answers. He needed to talk. "Sofia," Ruby gently tapped her shoulder. "Sofia, wake up."