Small Talk

"I said you're not sleeping on the floor"

You started to blush heavily under Thoma. You tried to escape from his strong grasp, but you couldn't even move him.

"T-thoma, it's okay, it's only one night, I'll be alright on the fl-" you said, but he put his finger to your mouth, making you stop. He was looking deep into your eyes, and not looking away.

You turned your head to the side. You couldn't look at his face. He was too handsome, and his teasing stare was just too much for you.

But as soon as you turned away, he held your chin and made you face him again. You got a surprised look on your face. He was still wearing the same look, the one that made you go crazy.

He slowly started to get closer to your face. Now you were frozen in place, and you didn't move an inch. You were blushing hard, as he was getting closer and closer every second. Now his mouth was only a few inches from yours, your noses were touching. You could feel Thoma's breath on your soft lips, and you slowly closed your eyes.

"Y/N, I lo-" he started. But a knock on your door interrupted him.

Thoma suddenly arched up, leaving you on the bed and going over to the door. He grabbed the wooden knob and angrily opened the door to see a short boy standing in front of the entrance.

"Heyo, I just came to check if you were doing anything nasty" Venti said. Thoma facepalmed. You stood up from the bed and went over to welcome your friend.

"Actually, it's good you came, because we were actually doing something nasty. And now if you'll excuse us, we'd like to continue from where we were cut off" you said and shut the door closed in front of him. Thoma's mouth dropped to the floor.

"I must say you're savage" he stated.

"Well, it is his fault for making me act like this." you put your hands on your hips and faced Thoma. He just chuckled.

"Now I'm gonna go head out for a breather. I'll see you later" you said, as you put on a sweater and went out from the room.

Thoma sat down on the bed and planted his face into his hands.

"What were you thinking?" he mumbled to himself.

"I don't know, but probably something nasty." Venti appeared next to Thoma. He jumped up from the bed and almost punched Venti.

"Hey now, calm down" the little boy smiled.

"What are you doing here?! Didn't you go away?" Thoma asked.

"Ehe" the bard simply said. Thoma was mad at him, and really wanted to punch him. But since the boy was important to you, he didn't. That was the only thing that was holding him back.

"Why are you here?" the tall male asked the smaller one. Venti shrugged.

"Private matters, my friend" he smiled. He was really trying to get on Thoma's nerves, and he was succeeding.

"But never mind that now, I'm only here to ask a simple question." the bars cleared his throat. "Do you like her?"

Thoma froze in place. Did he like you? Yes. Yes he did, he was crazy for you, he'd do anything if it meant he could have you, if only for a few minutes. But he didn't say it out loud. He couldn't, because he knew you didn't like him back.

"I'll take it as a yes." Venti said, then opened the window and jumped out. "Farewell, then!"

Thoma was left alone. He fell down onto the bed and hid his face in the pillow.

"You really are an idiot Thoma" he mumbled, then slowly fell asleep.

By the time you came back the tall blonde was already asleep. You quietly tip-toed inside the room, trying to be as silent as you could be.

You carefully sat down next to him. You put a hand on his, and looked at his face. He was really handsome, you couldn't lie. Suddenly, you remembered what happened earlier this day, and slightly blushed even by the thought of it.

"You're such a dummy" you whispered and put your lips onto his forehead, planting a soft kiss on it.

You still stared at his face for a little while, then slowly stood up and walked out of the room.

"Now where was Barbatos again?" you asked yourself. Then you suddenly remembered, and started to head towards a room.

You softly knocked on the door. A head peeked out of the room.

"Oh, it's just you, Y/N, come inside." he smiled. You walked inside and jumped onto his bed.

"Hey, that's my bed!" Barbatos yelled. You softly giggled.

"No, my old friend, it only was yours. Now I own it." you smiled.

"Weren't you supposed to sleep with Thoma?" he asked, still standing in front of his door.

"Maybe. But it doesn't matter anymore since I've found myself a private bed." you continued, then dug your face into the soft pillow and pretended that you were asleep.

Suddenly, you felt two hands on your legs, and they were trying to drag you out of your bed's comfort.

"Hey, let me go!" you tried to resist the force that was making you leave your sleeping place.

"As you wish, teacher" the bard said, then he suddenly let you go, resulting for you to hit your head in the wall.

"You little-" you started as you were holding your head, now sitting on the bed.

"That's what you get for sleeping in MY bed" he crossed his arms.

"But I can't sleep in my bed!" you stated.

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Because Thoma is already asleep there and he's taking up the whole bed." you calmly said.

"And is that really the true reason why you can't sleep there?" your friend sat down next to you. You looked into his eyes.

"No.." you slowly looked away.

"You like him, don't you?" Barbatos said, still looking at your face. You looked back at him.

"I-I don't know. It's been a while since I've felt this way, maybe 5,000 years? I'm so confused.." you sadly said. It's really been a while since you've been in love, you forgot what it felt like. And you forgot how to deal with it.

"That's okay. You have a good ol' friend here, who'll help you solve your feelings." Barbatos gave you a warm smile. "So, what do you say? Will you let me help you?" you happily nodded.

"Thank you Barbatos" you hugged the male.

"Now, for the first step, go and sleep next to him" Barbatos smiled.

"E-excuse me?!" you looked at your friend in shock.

"You heard me. Now go!" he started pushing you towards the door. But you suddenly made him stop.

"No, mister, I'm not sleeping there. For the first step, let's do something else."

"Alright" Barbatos sighed. "Then you can sleep here tonight, and start your lessons tomorrow. Deal?"

"Deal" you shook his hand, then the both of you went to sleep. You slept on the bed, and made Barbatos sleep on the floor.