Chapter Three

Chapter Three

When I woke up this morning,Damon was at my side."Damon!"I screamed"What are you doing here?"Damon grinned.

"You know you should get used to this,"Damon said,"because I'm gonna be here everyday."

"Seriously?!Damon!"I yelled,"uhh, fine."

He smirked."Don't get too cocky.You know I will remember eventually." I said.

"What do you remember?"He asked while playing with my hair.

"We first met before i met Stefan.I was waiting for my parents for some stupid party Matt forced me to go and ditch family night.You were there lying at the road.And you thought I was Katherine.but you compelled me to forget that conversation.Why?"

"Well,i didn't want anybody to know I was in town yet,"Damon replied.

'You also compelled me to forget that night you told me you loved me.You said you didn't deserve me, but Stefan does,"I said.Damon nodded,"I've been thinking and I think that you deserve me more."

"what?"damon's face was totally shocked."You mean you pick me?"

"Yes,of course,it means i pick you."I smiled then kissed him.

"But what about stefan?

"I care about him too thats why i'm letting him go. But I love you,damon."

"I love you,too.lets go get something to drink then we'll settle with your hunger issues."he kissed me and got out of bed.I got on some V-neck shirt and some short shorts and went to the kitchen where Stefan and Damon was.

"Damon,I need to talk to Stefan alone."I said,"Can you get me some blood?"

"Look Stefan I know I said I needed some space but---"I stammered. but he cut me off.

"it's okay Elena I heard"he said sadly.

"Oh,um,are you sure you're okay with it?"i asked,"i'm really really sorry ,Stefan."

"I still love you,Stefan.It's just i love Damon more."I explained.

"If you're happy with damon,then I'll respect that even if it hurts me."

Elena's POV

Its been a week since I turned.I've controlled the thirst.Fortunately,I haven't killed anyone.I just drink from blood bags.Stefan tried to convince me to go bunny-diet but I refused.Damon is very happy with my decision.Damon and i are a couple now.He wasn't kidding about everyday being in my bed.I eventually got used to it already.it was kinda awkward when Stefan is around though.He left town yesterday to try to move on.So now Damon and I have the whole house alone.damon's birthday is two weeks from now.He's gonna be 160 years old.I'm dating a 160 year old guy.So i'm planning a surprise party for him.i just need to call Caroline,the queen of party planners.

PHONE CONVERSATION:

E:"Hey,Caroline.Can I ask you a favor?"

C:"Anything for you,sweetie."

E:""Can you arrange a surprise party at the Salvatore Boarding House for Damon's birthday?"

C:"Uh,okaaay.But you need to distract him on that day.take him to the Grill while I arrange things."

E:Okay.Thanks."

END OF PHONE CONVERSATION

I went to the Salvatore Boarding House and found Damon in the couch holding a glass of bourbon in his hand.He looked up from it and smiled.I smiled back and sat next to him.he offered me the bourbon.I gulped it down like Damon always does.He refilled it and then we both fell asleep in each other's arms.