thirteen; malevolent

Começar do início

Lilith rolled her shoulders, taking deep breaths before running towards the store entrance. She had no idea how to grab their attention. Maybe she should walk up to them and smile, politely, she should say something shouldn't she?

Soon there was a loud echoing noise, seizing all murmurs Lilith could hear from the pair. "Or you could knock over biscuits," Lilith whispered to herself, gnawing at her lip nervously as she fretted over what to do. Run and hide? Or face your fears?

"What was that?" Lilith heard Bonnie mutter. Lilith chose then to step out from behind the next isle. She felt her heartbeat quicken when to pairs of eyes landed on her. Then without warning, there was a blur before her back was slammed into one of the many shelves behind her. 

Her throat was seized and angry blue eyes were staring down at her. "Hi," she choked out, her breath escaping her as the vampire tightened his grip. 

"Damon!" Bonnie shouted, running up to his side. Her shout must've woken Damon from his anger as he then let go of Lilith, watching as she bent over slightly to catch her breath. "Who are you?" Bonnie snapped. 

"Lilith," she wheezed out, rubbing her now sore throat. "Pleasure, I'm sure," she said, forcing a smile on her face. She noticed her voice came out croaky. 

"How are you here?" Damon asked, staring at her fixedly, his jaw grinding as he realised that Bonnie might be right. 

"I was put here four years ago, I still don't know to this day," she lied, her hands dropping to her sides as she stared between the two in front of her. 

"Is it just you here?" Bonnie asked, cutting Damon off from whatever he was going to ask...or say. 

"As far as I know," she lied again, shrugging her shoulders indifferently. She felt bad lying to Bonnie, but this was for Kai, at the end of the day, it's him she was doing this for, someone she's known far longer than the people stood in front of her. 

Then the music began playing, catching the ears of the three. Lilith fought back the sigh of relief from hearing Kai, at least the carousel. She wanted to run out of the store with her tail tucked between her legs. The vampire scared her. 

As the carousel music played the three looked at each other. 

"You hear that?" Asked Bonnie, staring between the two before pushing passed them. Damon and Lilith glanced at each other briefly before following her. 

Lilith saw Damon and Bonnie stood staring at the spinning carousel, Bonnie looking smug whilst Damon looked on at it, confused and severely freaked out. 

"You hear that Damon? That's what hope sounds like," she muttered, grinning down at the carousel whilst Lilith lingered behind them, squinting as she looked for Kai although he was nowhere to be seen. 

"Yeah right," Damon sighed, walking around the carousel to where he knew the cable wires would be. Using his vampire strength he yanked it open, squatting down beside it. "There's gotta be a short, faulty wiring, something," he mumbled. 

"Or maybe it's the invisible guy I saw a while back, oh wait," said Lilith sarcastically, frowning down at Damon who sneered up at her. 

"Or," Bonnie cut in, sending looks between the two of them. "Someone put a quarter in it and turned it on," she said, grabbing at the ride. The vampire and witch stopped and turned to Lilith who shrugged. 

"I can't be in two places at once," she said, smiling hatefully at Damon. "I know what you're trying to do, I'm not a bad guy," she said to Damon who scoffed in reply. 

"Nope, I'm a little confused, all this misplaced hope. Alright, let's just say that there's someone else here, how'd you know we're gonna get out?" Damon asked. "Look at little miss over here, she's been here four years and still hasn't found anyone, she still hasn't found a way to get out."