My hand was tightly clasped on the necklace around my neck. With a deep breath, I looked down at it and slowly opened it. I instantly relaxed when I saw my mothers' picture.

"I miss you, mommy. I really wish you were here" the first tears escaped my eyes, followed by a river of many more, "I really need you, mom," I said while staring at her beautiful smile. "I really need you" A sob escaped my lips. A sob that could only be heard by the mysteries of the forest; or so I thought 

I put my head in my hands, letting it all out. I was so tired; I hadn't had a moment to myself for the past two days. I hadn't had any food or sleep in two days. My body was tired, but my mind was exhausted.

Suddenly I heard a rustle from behind me, making me stand up knife in hand ready to take on whatever or whoever made the noise.

My body quickly relaxed when I saw it was only Daryl. I had red puffy eyes and tears stained my cheeks. I never cried in front of anyone. I hated that he had seen me like this. I looked away from him wiping my nose quickly and taking a breath to compose myself. 

"Didn't mean to scare ya" he said holding his hands up in surrender.

I exhaled while turning around and taking my previous position with my back facing him. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I didn't wanna look weak.

"Then what did you mean?" I questioned not looking up at him. I wiped my face dry and tried not to sniff as often.

"you've been gone a while. Rick sent me to find ya." He said while sitting down beside me.

I turned to look at him to find him already looking at me. The golden sun was shining on his face making his blue eyes even more beautiful. His eyes averted down to my neck.

What the hell is he looking at? Oh-

"That your sister?" he said pointing at my still open necklace.

I took a hold of it and closed it feeling exposed for some reason.

"My mother" I corrected. It was normal for people to mistaken her for my sister, we somewhat looked alike. Only she had blond hair blue eyes and I had light brown hair hazel eyes. She had me at a young age and had to raise me alone for most of my childhood until she met the devil himself.

My biological father had not wanted to be a part of my life the moment my mother had told him about me. My mom was very open to me about everything. She told me stories about my father whenever I asked and spoke only good about him. She told me that he was not lucky enough to have met me. She made me feel like I was worth something like I was good enough. She made me feel like I deserved good things. She built me with soft flowers and a river of love, only to have it all torn down and ripped to pieces by the devil. The man that I was forced to live with for years.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Daryl clearing his throat and standing up.

"We gotta get goin" he said motioning back to the camp.

I nodded and raised a hand up, motioning for him to help me stand back on my feet. He looked at my hand and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Come on, sunshine," I said nodding towards my hand. the little nickname I gave him clearly made him cringe exactly as I wanted.

Somebody doesn't like my adorable nickname.

He grunted before taking my hand and helping me up. I could've gotten up without his help, but I wanted to make him uncomfortable, which was quite easy.

Mission accomplished successfully!

I jumped on my feet before patting him on the shoulder and walking backwards ahead of him, "Thanks sunshine" I said with a huge smile and jogged ahead towards the camp.