baby [d.d]

i pace around my room nervously, biting on my nails and playing with my rings. five minutes has never felt so long in my life and every time i look at the time i think a century has passed, but no, only 30 seconds.

finally my alarm goes off and it startles me a bit, but i turn it off and jog into the conjoined bathroom to look at it.

before i look at it, i take a couple of deep breaths while looking at myself in the mirror, slightly assuring myself that no matter what the outcome is, everything is going to be fine.

i pick up the stick like object and bring it closer to me, finally looking at the letters.

pregnant

i cover my mouth immediately, staring at myself in the mirror as tears clog my vision. "no." i let out a silent cry as i leave the test on the counter and cover my face with my hands, sobbing into them.

i can't- we can't have a child. it's so soon and he's got so much more to do in life before this happens.

i think to myself and make myself cry more, falling down to the floor and having a complete breakdown there.

○○○

it's now been a while and i'm calmed down, i decided that distracting myself with something until damiano comes back home is a good idea. i won't have to think about it as much.

i've been cooking dinner for the past hour and a half, two hours and i was doing a pretty good job distracting myself with it.

as i turn my stove off, my phone dings, indicating i got a message. i clean my hands on a kitchen cloth and pick it up.

vic
hey

vic
damiano's headed home and he's not in the best mood

vic
he got frustrated at the studio today

vic
i just wanted to let you know
sent 6:57pm

i reread the messages and sigh. damiano acts like a toddler when he's frustrated and/or angry. now i have no idea how i'm gonna tell him that i'm pregnant.

me
thank you vic

me
i'll deal with him
sent 6:59pm

i go back to the kitchen to finish up the food. not even 15 minutes later, the door of our apartment opens and closes harshly, slamming it.

"no slamming doors, thank you!" i yell and hear him groan in the hall.

he comes over to the kitchen snd stands behind me, "what are you making?" he asks and looks down at my cooking.

"hi to you too." i grin and he rolls his eyes at me.

"it's the pasta with the sauce you like, i didn't know what to make so i just decided on this. you want to eat? it's done." i say and take it off the stove, turning to damiano while smiling.

"no, not really." he says and leans down for a kiss. i kiss him gladly, but with furrowed eyebrows. "why?" i question, "i'm not hungry." he simply answers and walks away to, i assume, our bedroom.