The float was designed to be slippery. Realizing what was going on, Yuki sunbae guffawed and yelled, "HAKSENG! FIGHTING!"

Well, it couldn't be helped. I shook my head and sprinted towards my fate.

I slipped so many times on the obstacle float that I lost count. It must have looked hilarious from a distance because quite a few people cheered and laughed at my every movement. It was literally like having a live laugh track in my life. So much for hating getting wet, I thought, pulling myself out of the chilled lake for the last time. As I returned, drenched, squeezing water out of my short hair, I couldn't help but laugh with the rest of them.

Jimin pointed at me and asked Director PD-nim with wide eyes, "we have to go through that?"

I flopped down on the floor, chortling. The shoot was so chaotic that I laughed until my stomach hurt. This episode would be a classic for sure. But I was shivering by the end, so I ran to our minibus outside at the first chance I got to get changed.

I'd left my bag towards the last few seats. Unzipping it in a flash, I extracted the packet of fresh clothes I'd packed for myself. A pair of jeans and another black sweatshirt, identical to the one I was wearing at present. Could I change inside the bus itself? I figured I could, provided I locked the door, windows were already shut. Just as I walked up the aisle again, someone climbed up the bus. Startled, I took a few steps back.

It was Jungkook.

He looked startled too, though not as much as me. "Do you need something?" I asked, confused. His long-ish hair was still wet and so was his turtleneck.

"I-oh-nothing. Wrong bus." He made the most adorable face and started to leave.

"Wait." I blurted out. "Seriously. What's going on?"

"Nothing. Seriously." He left quickly. I clutched the packet of my clothes in my hands. I hadn't been able to fathom his expressions at all. Had I presumed too much and asked the wrong question?

Just as I was beginning to relax, I heard footsteps boarding the bus again. For the second time, I jumped. Jungkook looked back and forth between the floor, me, the window, me, the ceiling, me -

"What are you -?"

"-I like you," he began - wait, what - "I like talking to you. I like listening to you talk. And there's not - it's not - possible for us to meet like two normal people, is it?" He paused, and breathed sharply, "oh god, why do you have that expression - I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I'll just go."

I stood there, my mouth slightly open after being interrupted mid-question. Meanwhile, he looked at the floor but didn't leave. My feet must have walked up to him on their own. Barely a foot apart. Very unsteady. My eyes caught his own, a little surprised, a little curious.

"You don't make me uncomfortable, Jungkook." I spoke softly. It was strange, hearing his name informally on my lips in his presence. My heart was on the verge of exploding. We simply looked at each other for one infinite moment -

Until it broke. Because he stepped forward and kissed me.

Wait, what?

He'd taken my face in his hands, and rather gently, put his lips on mine. And I froze entirely. Another infinite moment passed. My body recovered before my mind did. I chucked the packet in my hands at what hopefully was a seat on the side (I wasn't aiming for it, just getting the packet out of the way). And I kissed him back.

One moment and we broke through weeks of formal smiles and mandated restraints. I slipped my hands around his neck while he put his around my waist. My brain must've gotten tossed along with my packet of clothes because I could think nothing. It was the warmest I'd ever felt - warm enough to melt every wall I'd build around myself. The scent of lemongrass. His damp hair. His beautiful neck. His arms around me. His eyes, nervously trying to see how I'd react. Breathing so close.

A voice seemed to come from far away. It was my own. In my head. The bus door is open. We're on a bus. On a shoot. With hundreds of people. I pulled away, but not entirely. I could feel his thumb tracing my jaw as we stood nose to nose, knowing that we had to - but didn't want to - leave. And the only thought that still hung in my foggy brain - wait, WHAT?

I moved away, blinking to bring my brain back to life. He stood there in silent anticipation of my reaction, his ears a little pink. I must've mumbled something because he asked, "come again?" I was on autopilot, but I raised my voice a little. "Go. You still have an event left."

"I-yeah." he stepped back but didn't leave. Just looking into his smouldering eyes made me want to drive this damn bus to a place where no one would disturb us.

I gave him a small smile. "Let's catch each other later." He smiled with relief. "Now, go -!" I said.

He grinned, but didn't move, "ah, seriously, what am I going to do with you?" I cried.

"Anything you want," he shrugged. That shut me up.

But he did leave after a moment and I slumped into a seat. I was beaming and panicking at the same time. Oh god. What now?