Intense

Sree

It was a month.. After that conference..
We were yet to hear from the investors.

I missed him each day..
Every day was depressing.. Excruciating..
There seemed to be no purpose in what I was doing..
"Do you think only you cannot live without me Vikram", I said to thin air..

Whatever I did, I thought of him, of how he would react, what he would say..

I was talking to myself, as if I were talking to him..

I was walking on the streets,.. I had gone to a client location, and was returning home at night..

"What are you doing now Vikram", I thought..

" Have you moved on? ",

" I had to do that.. Vikram.. It's very hard.. But every time I think of getting back, I remember everything.. I just want to throw away that voice,..
Maybe I'm scared I'll be hurt again",

I was walking fast... Suddenly out of nowhere, I saw lights of a car flashing brightly...

Before I could do anything, the car slammed on me.... I was thrown... Afar.. And excruciating pain struck me, as I lied on the ground...

Before I realized what happened.. I heard footsteps..

I felt my heart pounding.. Pain.. Only pain... I couldn't move..

My eyes looked up... And I saw... Him.. Manoj, smiling!!!

In my state, I couldn't react,

"You... Why...? Your son.. Will be...
Why do you do this to your son? ", I asked with the energy I could muster

He laughed

" My son? Who he? Who told you he is my son,... He is an orphan.. A pathetic orphan..

Since you are going to go up, let me tell you,..
He is not my son, but the son of Bhanu and her first husband..

He died and I married her when she was pregnant , she wouldn't abort him would she..

I almost tried to send him to an orphanage, she stopped me..

And then Rajesh killed her....
I hated Vikram , he reminded me of his father..

But then I thought, I got a person in my service,.. Veena delivered a girl! A girl couldn't be my heir!

So I thought id make him mine, my heir, a person who would listen to me, only me... But him!!

Anyways... Good riddance of his favorite toy, ", he laughed inhumanely, as tears flowed in my eyes

I was going to die!

" Vikram ", I said as I succumbed to the pain and darkness

Bright... White... Light... Was this how heaven seemed like...

My ears were ringing I heard muffled voices... I heard... His voice...
I was happy to hear his voice.. Shouting!

" Let me in!! I want to see her! ", he said

" She is under observation, you can't go inside " said a voice..

"She is my wife, I want to go to her , let me or else.. I'll have to force you and go", he shouted

" This is a hospital, behave.. Sir, be quiet or we have to call the police", the voice said

"Vikram calm down, you can go in when the doctor says so", said a voice..