Chemistry

Sree

The meeting was long. Mostly Sunil and Vikram were speaking and I pitched in a few times. My mind kept wandering to the moments in the store room. Even it were for a few moments, I felt something. This strong person was claustrophobic in a small room. I found his weakness. The rest of the meeting I nodded to whatever they asked me, that's how it went.

After the meeting me and Sunil decided to eat in the canteen. I remembered seeing it in the morning.

" Sunil", it was Vikram " Would you both join me for lunch today, since you have come so far for this meeting,  it's on me to take care of your lunch", he said.
Sunil accepted.
He took us for lunch in the restaurant opposite to the company. It looked decent but I didn't know if I could eat with the butterflies in my stomach. Well I was nervous too. Vikram and Sunil sat together and I sat opposite of Vikram. The waiter came
"Vikram anna, what are you having today", he said and smiled.

Seemed that the waiter knew him. Vikram ordered fried rice, I ordered Schezwan fried rice, while Sunil had Biryani.
" I'm eating food, with the Vikram, who was on the magazines and is my client. Maybe this would be like a date if Sunil wasn't there", I thought and as soon as I thought that, Sunil got a call and went out to speak. There was a minute of awkward silence, then Vikram spoke.

" How many years are you in this company?" He asked.

"Just 6 months", I told.

"Oh then this project must be a good learning experience", he said.

" Yah.. It is a great experience ",
"I read the article about you in the magazine", I said.

" I really liked how you wanted to do something different, and you founded a company, without joining your father in his business "

He smiled
" Oh, thank you, not many people agree that not joining my father was a great idea. But I didn't want to be in my fathers' shadows. I have dreams for this company I want to achieve ", he said.

I smiled and nodded.

" By the way, the falooda here is great you should have one", he said and called the waiter to order one.

" Oh, I love faloodas", I said. Sunil came back by then and the food arrived. The falooda that Vikram got me was so tasty. Sunil and Vikram were talking about business while I ate my falooda looking at Vikram talking.

Finally the day was over. i didn't want it to end. I returned home. I sat down to see a romantic movie before sleeping, then I got a dream...

I was in my house when I get a call. It was from Vikram.

"Open the Door Sree", he says.
I open the door to find Vikram holding a huge bouquet of flowers. I take them in my hands, then he comes closer to me and pulls me towards him. I am in his arms. He then brings his face closer to mine... Then the scene changes.

It's the store room, Vikram is standing closing his eyes and I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

He suddenly hugs me.. And says "stay with me".. Then the scene changes to a song of the movie I saw..

I then woke up,
"what a weird dream, I thought". But why do I wish it were true. I messaged my friends about the dream in the morning. Raya replied that it seemed like we had good chemistry.

Do you think Sree's dream could ever become true!

Thank you all for reading..