75 Maybe it's time?

Enjoying the story? 

Why not spread the word to help other people find it too! Don't forget to hit the follow button to keep upto date!

~

Downstairs is completely different from the previous night's crowded party. Jonathan leads us confidently across the empty grand ballroom down a short hallway to a private dining room. Although still sizable the room has been decked out in rich sensual black decor with silver accents.

Immediately I spot Anne and Jack talking off to the side, their serious expressions catch me off guard. Whenever I've seen them at the club they've always had a sarcastic, bratty dynamic but the way she tenderly brushes his cheek with the back of her knuckles and whispers firmly to him paints a different picture.

"Finally!" Viktor bellows, striding towards Jonathan with a focused look in his eyes. His black hair is slicked back matching his black tailored suit. "Hard to celebrate when the guests stay in their rooms."

I smile and bite my lip to stop from laughing at his theatrics. Jonathan just groans and takes the drink Viktor offers. "Dramatic much?" he teases.

"This is new?" Viktor scoffs, gesturing to the table where Anne and Jack have already taken a seat. "Sit, the appetizers will be out soon."

Jonathan leads us over to the table and finds our name cards across from Anne and Jack. He pulls out the chair for me and lays his hand on the small of my back, the heat sending shivers up my spine as he guides me to sit before tucking me in and taking his own seat. Viktor sits at the end with Natasha between him and Anne, directly across from me.

I jump, feeling Jonathan's breath fan my neck as he leans in and whispers. "The dinner is formal, but because this is our social group you may talk with your friends normally."

"Thank you," I whisper, relaxing now that I know what is expected of me.

There are so many subtleties to the lifestyle I find myself constantly afraid to make the wrong move at the wrong time and cause a scene or embarass myself. Jonathan assures me it gets easier as we go, but promises to make his expectations clear for every situation. The downside is that I can't claim ignorance if I mess up and he has promised stiff repercussions for misbehaving.

"So, when do we get to see the new club?" Viktor asks, turning his attention to Anne. Two more men take a seat at the far end, both Dominants judging by the way they move and the commanding air about them.

"So impatient," she chides, pursing her bold red lips and shakes her head. "Actually, if the subcontractors keep moving along like they have been it won't be months... more like a matter of weeks."

"That soon?" Viktor perks up, his eyes lighting up like a kid on christmas.

"Electrical, HVAC, zoning... All of our permits and licenses are in place, we're literally doing the aesthetics and finesse work now," she replies with a triumphant grin. "And waiting on some new equipment."

"We're still on for Tuesday's walkthrough?" Jonathan asks, swirling the scotch in his drink. He's been working with Anne picking out themes for the VIP rooms and general decor, occasionally asking my opinion. Bliss was a labour of love for them, and the start of his larger empire, but one of his favourite projects that he's not only stayed a partner in but also passively involved.

"Absolutely! I have a big shipment coming in Monday, you can help me unbox and set up," Anne laughs.

"Sneak peak?" Viktor asks, waggling his brows.