57 Progress

Jonathan

After following Izzy to the supermarket to make sure she got there okay, I continued on to the lawyers. As I sit here signing endless forms and going over everything else he'll need by the end of the week my thoughts keep drifting back to Izzy.

I'm more certain than ever that I made the right choice by clearing my day. Hell, even spending the morning with her made a big difference. Jeremy may have shaken her confidence but not being able to push me away so easily stopped her from spiraling and falling into old habits.

Intimacy isn't easy for her. Letting someone in and accepting the same care she so freely offers to everyone else is still a stumbling point. Even something as simple as a me taking care of her in the shower, at first she tried for more, sex is easier for her than raw feelings but by the end she was fully relaxed and smiling.

Slowly she's letting me in and accepting my help, but I see the inner turmoil in her eyes. I can't help but think this stems from before her attack but she changes the topic every time I ask about her past. At this point I have to remind myself not to push too hard to fast, she's already come so far and I don't want to be the reason she shuts down.

Bzzz

Izzy: Shopping went fast, already home and everything's away. Just gonna watch a movie.

I smile reading over her short message for the second time. For as short as it is, in her own way she's letting me know she's okay, which is a big step for her.

Me: Enjoy some quiet time. I've got another hour here I think, and a quick stop before home, if you're good?

Izzy: I am. Thanks for this morning Jonathan...

Me: Any time angel, say the word and I'm there. I'll be home in a few hours and we can pick back up where we left off.

With my mind fully on the task I finish off at the lawyers in less time than expected, putting me ahead of schedule. Leather & Lace is my final stop before home. With Viktor's party this weekend there is no time to waste finding costumes.

I can't help the smile that creeps on my face as I walk in, remembering the first time I brought Izzy here and got my own personal fashion show. Watching her confidence grow like it has and how her personality has blossomed is worth it's weight in gold. She has enjoyed the clothing and gear we picked up for work and play, this party will be the perfect experience to delve deeper into her submissive side.

Slowly I scan the fetish wear and costumes looking for something to catch my eye, but pony play, latex and slave costumes aren't it. I pause at the various kitten options, imagining how cute she could be, though that level off sass isn't really her thing, where as I just can't see her as a puppy either. The last item my eyes land on is perfect, the moment I see it I know it's the right choice and pick up the red and black set before looking for something complementary.

That proves more difficult than expected and takes three times as long to find my costume then it does to find Izzys. In the end the staff manage to help me put together the perfect combo though I spent longer here then I had expected.

"Can you gift wrap hers?" I ask, smiling to myself as I think about how surprised she'll be.

"Of course sir," the associate replies as she gets busy pulling out a black gift box with red foil design, red ribbon and red and black tissue paper. "And if I may be so bold?" She starts then pauses waiting for my nod to continue. "If this is for the beautiful woman you were with last time, I think you've made a perfect choice."

"I think so too," I muse, rubbing my beard as my grin broadens.

I'm distracted the entire way home, wondering if she'll like it and trying to decide when I'll give it to her. In the end I can't decide by the time I pull into the driveway so decide to leave it in the car until later. The house is very quiet as I make my way in and toss my keys in the bowl by the door. Izzy isn't downstairs watching TV like she said and a quick peek shows she's not in the kitchen either.

Halfway up the stairs I hear something slam and Izzy runs out of my room, freezing when she comes into sight. Her cheeks are rosy, eyes down cast and hands laced behind her back with guilt written across her face.

"Everything okay?" I ask, stepping over the last stair and coming to stop in front of her.

"Sorry Sir, I didn't mean to snoop, I just..." she blurts out before trailing off. I don't miss how her lip trembles like she really thinks I'll be mad.

"Shhh, relax Izzy, what happened?" I ask, pulling her into my embrace and lifting her chin to make her look at me. Her big sapphire eyes water with unshed tears that only feed my concern.

But what could she have possibly gotten up to in such a short time to warrant this level of worry?

"I had come up stairs to change, then went to your room to give back your shirt... I don't know why I even opened it, but then I heard you come home and I panicked," she spits out so fast I have to replay it in my head to catch on.

I guide her back to our room to try and figure out what she looked at and maybe broke to get her this upset. The room looks neat and tidy like always leaving me at a loss until my eyes land on the open latch of the trunk at the end of my bed.

"I'm so sorry Sir, I won't do it again," she blubbers, locking her gaze on mine, pleading for forgiveness.

"Shh angel," I whisper, sliding my palm to cup her cheek and the other hand around her waist to hold her close. "Izzy, why are you so upset?" My eyes search hers desperate for a hint of what's going on in her troubled mind.

"Because I went through your stuff and-"

I cut her off, holding my thumb on her lips and wait a moment for her to settle. "Izzy, I didn't ask you why you thought I was upset, but what upset you," I reiterate.

She freezes in my arms, brows knit tightly together as she racks her brain. The shock and confusion on her face would be comical if the situation wasn't so serious.

"I'm not angry that you went into that trunk," I clarify, waiting for my words to sink in.

"Y-you're not?" She stammers.

"Of course not," I whisper, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Izzy I've got nothing to hide, hell, you're more than welcome to check my phone even."

"Oh no, I don't want to do that," she gasps, leaving her mouth hanging open.

"Then why are you so upset?" I press on.

"Because I thought you'd be mad that I snooped through your things," she whispers, dropping her gaze.

"Really, they're our things," I reply honestly, drawing her gaze back to me. "I always intended to go over what I had to find out what interested you, but I was waiting for you to let me know that you're ready."

Given her trauma I've taken everything slower with her than I have with previous submissives. Anyone else would have had a discussion on limits and interests before we got started, Izzy is different though. Add to that her inexperience to begin with and it became clear early on that our safest bet would be to start from basics.

"Our things?" She parrots back as she slowly catches on.

"As we get more adventurous, we can incorporate more into our play, if that's still something you want?" I ask, making sure submission and bondage is still something she wants to pursue.

"Of course, I mean yes Sir, I'd still very much like to continue with you..." she trails off, biting her lips as her cheeks flush scarlet.

"Then why don't we take a look together then, hmm?" I offer, eyes glued to hers looking for any hint of discomfort. Instead her gaze darkens and a ghost of a smile slips on her lips.

"Please, Sir."