Chapter 10

Rafe and Delilah had made there way back to the car after they found out that the cops just wanted to ask him a few questions. He answered them all pretty bluntly and then at the end he asked them,

"If you just wanted to ask me questions then why where you chasing me?"

To which deputy Shoupe replied,
"Why where you running?"

That's when Delilah decided to pull him away before he said or did anything stupid bringing him back to his car.

They where now sitting in front of Delilahs house neither of them getting out. It was pretty silent the only sound coming from the radio softly playing "let it go" by James bay, weird coincidence, the both of them thought to themselves remaining silent.

Neither of them knew why it was quiet. Nothing awkward had happened between them, they both actually had a great time. It was probably because they both didn't want the night to end yet, but it was midnight, and as always Rafe had a lot of stuff going on the next day.

"So-" they both say at them same time quietly laughing.
"You go first" Delilah says to Rafe smiling.

He nods putting the car in park before turning his body so it was facing her.
"I just wanted to say I had a great time, even though things didn't go as planned" he says grabbing the back of his neck rubbing it before looking up at her.

"I had a great time too, it was fun" she replied softly turning her body towards him. He smiled licking his lips pushing the radio off.

"Um why did you come with me, I mean why did you run away with me?" He says laughing awkwardly toying with the ring on his finger. He then realized how stupid that question sounded in his head.

"Because I wanted to" she states simply at him like it was obvious.

He snaps his head up so he was staring into her eyes.

"Not only did I want to, but I made a promise to you, I promised I wouldn't leave you, and I don't break my promises even when it's something as simple as that" the red haired girl softly said looking down toying with the friendship bracelet on her wrist.

She then feels him put his fingers under her chin pulling her face back up to look at him.
"You don't need to be shy around me" he whispers to her rubbing the bottom of her chin.

She simply nods trying to hide how red her face was turning.

"I-" he starts but was quickly cut off by Delilahs house door being slammed open and her mother stepping out clearly looking drunk.

"Delilah get in here it's late, you don't need to be out with boys" her mother says to them before closing the door leaving them alone again.

"Sorry my mom is kinda a buzz kill" Delilah says to the dirty blonde boy sitting in front of her.

She leans in giving him a simple friendly hug.
Before pulling away getting ready to open the door

"Hey hey hey" he says grabbing her shoulder making her turn her face back toward him as she opens the door "no goodnight.." he says insinuating the next word feeling like he doesn't have to say it for her to know what he means.

She glared at him then laughs before opening the door.
"Goodnight Rafe" she waves to him before walking around the car, still barefoot.

He roles down his window "don't you want me to atleast walk you to your door?" he raises his voice putting his hand out the window.

She turns around now already on the porch. "I'm already here" she replies smiling now all of a sudden being shy.

She waves to him one more time before opening her door stepping inside and closing it softly.