Chapter 2

⚠️mentions of alcoholism and verbal abuse⚠️
— 🌼🌼🌼🌼

Delilah could not get the boy out of her head.

It's been two days since her run in with the Cameron boy, and yet her mind was still on him.

She was still so upset because of the way he treated her, she knew something was wrong with the boy, but seriously putting his hands on her when he doesn't even know her, it freaked her out.

She couldn't get his face out of her head god that stupid smirk and his stupid face and his stupid everything. She was flustered by him and he wasn't even here.

Delilah has never hated anyone heck she's barely ever strongly disliked anyone, but she could say with almost certainty that she almost hated Rafe Cameron. Almost.

She shakes her head getting rid of the thought of him and standing up from her bed throwing on a yellow tank top that had a low cut neck hole and some light wash Jean shorts before throwing her satchel purse over her head. It stayed safe there. And she took it everywhere.

The things inside it where precious she couldn't leave it around for her mom to find and maybe throw out or try to sell for a buck or two, and with it over her head it was harder for people to steal and it never really left her sight.

The items inside where her favorite pair of earbuds, her only pair, a journal which some would call a diary. Every night she writes about her day and her feelings, Rafe Cameron took up 2 full pages of her thoughts and feelings, and the final precious item was a photo of her and her dad when she was a baby, the only photo of them. It meant more to her then anything.

If that photo was taken or went missing she wouldn't know what to do with herself.

As she is getting ready to open her door it swings open to reveal her mother standing there clearly very drunk.

Her eyes where bloodshot and she could barely stand straight.

"Yes mom?" She said quietly a little to afraid so bring her voice higher

"Why are you here!?" She yells in her face

"I live here mom" she said not looking her in the eyes and keeping her gaze on the ground.

"You are so pathetic you have no friends and you have no life." She yells looking disgusted at Delilah

Delilah nods her head still looking at the floor

"You still have nothing to say, you ruined my life, you ruined everything, and your dad is gone because of you!" her mother continues to yell in her face.

Delilah let's a single tear slip from her face "I'm sorry" she whispers before walking past her mother and out the door

She knows she didn't cause her fathers death, but it hurts her to know that that is what her mother thinks. And she knows she wouldn't say those things sober, but drunken words are sober thoughts right?

Atleast that's what kept running through her head as she hopped onto her bike and road down to the corner store to buy herself something to eat.

She grabs a pre made sandwich and a drink before going up to the register the lady checks her stuff

"$6.50" the lady kindly says

Delilah looks down at her hand realizing she only has four dollars and she will have to put the drink back. She sighs going to grab it

"It's okay sweetheart just take it" the lady offers kindly smiling

"Thank you, thank you so much" Delilah finishes offering her a small smile before she goes and eats her lunch on the curb.