= uǝʇ ʇɹɐd =

Summary: they continue down their path into the kingdom of darkness, hell.

Warnings: death, injury detail, cursing and death

Word count: 999

⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇠⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢⇢

I suddenly pushed my way out and fell out on the other side into water. I jumped to my feet, and scanned the room, looking for anyone who might be there but I saw nothing.

I looked down at my arms and they were blood red, my eyes widened as I dipped my hand into the water and then looked at it.

it was blood.

I looked up around the room again feeling scared. "okay send Sasha up" I called with my back still facing the tunnel, feeling too nervous to turn my back into the horrifying darkness.

"I'm coming first. So I can help pull." Levi called back. as he climbed through into the water beside me. he then stood up and looked at the so called water.

"is this blood?" he asked. "I don't know" I replied still facing the opposite side. Levi licked a little off his finger tips "it tastes like blood.. well I think.." he mumbled

he then looked up at me and saw the fear in my eyes. "(y/n) are you okay?" he asked, now more serious. I turned to looked at him, as if I had been broken out of a trance. "yeah let's just keep going" I said lowly.

Levi and myself pulled Sasha through the tunnel while keeping an eye behind ourselves, just in case. not long after everyone else climbed up one by one.

we all rush onward, sticking close together, on edge, avoiding the blood. we arrived at a hole in the ground. Much like the one we had descended earlier.

"Great. Everything is the mirror image of what we've already done, but somehow it keeps going deeper." Mikasa said frustratingly. "how deep will this take us?" Eren asked.

Armin finished lowering the rope down and done the math in his head. "Another 100 meters." He answered slowly. "Making it... 1000 feet beneath the earth's surface." Levi said, leaning over to look down.

"that's deeper than the Eiffel Tower is high." Armin gasped. "there's no way we're getting out of here!" Eren yelled

-

Eventually most of us had reached the bottom, only Eren remained above, lowering Sasha down with a rope tied around her. "Eren are you okay up there?" I called. "yeah, I'm good" He answered.

just then he heard a faint cry, a baby? Eren picked up his flash light but saw nothing so he lowered Sasha down a little more. he then heard something again.

"I-Is someone up here" he said wearily. there was nothing. he then heard me call up to him. "Eren, are you okay? lower her down"

He then heard something directly behind him. he spun around to see a woman in a bloody nightgown, holding her dead infant and her face contorted, savage and insane.

She screamed in his face causing Eren to drop the rope and stumble over the edge, Sasha hit the floor first, being dropped from higher than half way

"oh shit! Eren you just drop- BOOM

Eren came crashing down as well, hitting the ground with a sickening thud, we all looked up the tunnel in shock, was someone up there?! Mikasa began to scream as she rushed towards his body, she checked for vitals while I checked Sasha's.

there was nothing, Mikasa looked up at me heartbroken with tears streaming down her eyes, she shook her head. Armin kneeled down beside her and began to cry as well, I stood over them with tears of my own

"what happened?!" Mikasa sobbed. "I-I don't know" I said barley above a whisper. she stood up and slammed me against the wall, I put up no resistance. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, HE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU" she screamed pulling me back and slamming me again.

I was emotionless and stunned. "okay that's enough! everyone knew the risks of coming down here, no one forced anyone to come, don't put this on her" Levi seethed as he pulled her away and pushed her backwards.

"no Levi she's right.. I'm so sorry Mikasa, it is my fault" I whimpered, my bottom lip quivering, Mikasa's face softened as she pulled me in for a hug. we both heled each other, crying.

we pulled apart, looking down at Eren's body with grief. "we need to keep moving" I said. Armin stood up and wiped his tears yet more kept falling.

we all looked at the bone chamber and I let out a shaky breath.

we shuffled over the bones inside the chamber as fast as we could, all of us struggling against the fear of getting trapped here.

Mikasa saw something under the bones so she shined a light into it to get a better look. Underneath the bones there was a gutter full of water, in which a woman struggled to get to the surface of the water to breathe.

"MOM! MOM!" Mikasa cried as the woman pushed against the bones but Mikasa's weight made it impossible. but she still kept trying to move the bones, suddenly she disappeared and the ground was now solid.

Mikasa's blood ran cold, she took a deep breath and kept moving until she reached out the other side, she looked and me and placed her hand over her mouth.

Armin hugged her.  "I was so r-real. Why... Why would... she be here?" she cried. "It's not her. I think this place knows our pain and is using it against us." I said frowning.

In the distance, SOMEONE SCREAMED MERCILESSLY - and not the kind of scream you hear in movies, the kind you hear in an ER at four in the morning.